Intex Mariner 4 modifications and Tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyMIowa View Post
    Mr Victor, what kind of plywood did you use?
    3/8" plywood...3 pieces with barrel bolts (4 total) to link the pieces together...if you look closely in the video on the parts where I'm alone and the seats aren't in you can see them (you can also still see them next to the seat bases in the other clips too). I have one big piece of carpet that I unroll and lay over the whole floor (with cutouts where the barrel bolts and holes for the seat pedestal bolts go)...it gets pinched (for lack of a better word) between the floor and the air chambers and that keeps it in place pretty well.
    Last edited by Mr.Victor; March 5th, 2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Victor View Post

3/8" plywood...3 pieces with barrel bolts (4 total) to link the pieces together...if you look closely in the video on the parts where I'm alone and the seats aren't in you can see them (you can also still see them next to the seat bases in the other clips too). I have one big piece of carpet that I unroll and lay over the whole floor (with cutouts where the barrel bolts and holes for the seat pedestal bolts go)...it gets pinched (for lack of a better word) between the floor and the air chambers and that keeps it in place pretty well.
      Did you put it on top of original?
      by the way I watched your video 5 times. It is awsome.

Comment

Did you put it on top of original?
        by the way I watched your video 5 times. It is awsome.
        No, the original floor would probably be too thick with the plywood floor and it's not necessary anyway...the 3/8" plywood is solid as a rock. And thanks for the compliment on the video! My friend and I put a lot of work into it so it's great to know people are enjoying it. There's more to come!!

Comment

• Has anybody found a way to have a nice comfortable inflatable floor to sit on while floating down the river? I'm more of an explorer then a fishermen lol

Comment

• 300winmag, try a float.
            http://www.surfoutlet.com/ProductDet...lw#color=25825
            Blow it up and sit on it.

Comment

• Looked at that, 1 is to short and 2 is way to long. There are 2 or 3 people in the boat so I would like something that could cover the whole floor.... Impossible i know gotta be something out there though.

Comment

• AGAIN, please see rule #6

Check your private messages
                Last edited by jbcurt00; March 23rd, 2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Hi from Turkey,
                  Thank you everyone who shared their ideas on intex modifications. It is great forum with very inspirational concepts.

I did some modify on my intex excursion 4 with a marine plywood custom floor and custom Motor mount. I have 6 hp 4 stroke small shaft outboard.

Anyhow, I leave you all with a couple of pictures, Sincerely.

http://imgur.com/IfAJOSZ
                  http://imgur.com/4yQbJ5h
                  http://imgur.com/Nor0Qea

Comment

• Nice Excursion. I do wish I could find a small outboard for my Mariner that wouldn't set me back >$500. A Mercury 3.3 would be PERFECT for my situation.

By the way, appears you need a good bottle holder!

Cheers.

Comment

• I have been consumed with this thread for the last couple days and have thought how I want to modify mine when it arrives to allow for both family cruising AND comfortable fishing....as I was walking Home Depot today I came across some firm interlocking and grippy rubber floor tiles used for exercise floors and thought it would be great to put over the existing floor and would allow for some added rigidity and be easily transportable...I would lose the ability to fasten swivel chair so I thought I would build a center bench that would rest on both sides but reinforce with two 3 inch PVC to floor and mount swivel chairs to it. For all you "engineers" I would love your thoughts on this before I take the plunge. As I was reading I think the floor needs to still have some flex but also needs to be walked on....I think this covers both with little added weight. Look forward to any comments....thanks all and I love what everyone has done!
                      Last edited by Mdtakach; March 25th, 2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Hello again. I got the boat and built floor/bench and swivel chair. will post pictures once I test all of it. Question on batteries though - just bought new AGM battery, brought it home and charger showed 75%. Is it normal? Spent about 3 hours charging, got to 99% 13.8 V and since then (2 additional hours) it doesn't improve. Any concerns/suggestions?
                        Last edited by TonyMIowa; March 25th, 2015, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• I let it sit for the night. It has 12.9 V but 93% charge. Is it normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mdtakach View Post
                            I have been consumed with this thread for the last couple days and have thought how I want to modify mine when it arrives to allow for both family cruising AND comfortable fishing....as I was walking Home Depot today I came across some firm interlocking and grippy rubber floor tiles used for exercise floors and thought it would be great to put over the existing floor and would allow for some added rigidity and be easily transportable...I would lose the ability to fasten swivel chair so I thought I would build a center bench that would rest on both sides but reinforce with two 3 inch PVC to floor and mount swivel chairs to it. For all you "engineers" I would love your thoughts on this before I take the plunge. As I was reading I think the floor needs to still have some flex but also needs to be walked on....I think this covers both with little added weight. Look forward to any comments....thanks all and I love what everyone has done!
                            Just be careful with anything that is black color cause it will get extremely hot in the summer

Comment

I let it sit for the night. It has 12.9 V but 93% charge. Is it normal?
                              From my experience with my marine batteries, 12.7 V is fully charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Mdtakach View Post
                                I have been consumed with this thread for the last couple days and have thought how I want to modify mine when it arrives to allow for both family cruising AND comfortable fishing....as I was walking Home Depot today I came across some firm interlocking and grippy rubber floor tiles used for exercise floors and thought it would be great to put over the existing floor and would allow for some added rigidity and be easily transportable...I would lose the ability to fasten swivel chair so I thought I would build a center bench that would rest on both sides but reinforce with two 3 inch PVC to floor and mount swivel chairs to it. For all you "engineers" I would love your thoughts on this before I take the plunge. As I was reading I think the floor needs to still have some flex but also needs to be walked on....I think this covers both with little added weight. Look forward to any comments....thanks all and I love what everyone has done!

I think that the problem with your idea is that the hard floor helps to distribute the weight more evenly throughout the boat and thus increases stability. I dont think that those foam tiles will do anything in the way of rigidity and certainly nothing for weight distrbution, other than making the floor a little more cushy i dont see the point. I dont quite understand you plan for mounting the seats either.

Comment

Working...
                                X