Intex Mariner 4 modifications and Tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heres the boat at about 25mph with the 15
    Last edited by jbcurt00; October 20th, 2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Omg, I haven't been here I'm years, awesome to see the Mariner still going strong! Keep up the good work fellas!

Comment

• I'm a new Mariner 4 owner now glad to be part of the Mariner4 community. It looks like there needs to be a revival, or class reunion of some kind or someone to breathe new life into the Mariner 4 forum. I will be uploading Pictures of my recent mods to my Mariner 4 that includes a 30W Solar Panel that will continue to charge my deep cycle battery, I've also added a Bimini top to my Mariner 4 purchased off of ebay for $36.00 to protect my shaved head from the blazing hot sun as I'm perusing my favorite waterways.

Comment

• I agree with N2ONELUV. I am a new Mariner 4 enthusiast and recently took it out for 'sea trials" for my minor modifications. Built a two-piece floor and center bench. Running a Newport Vessels 46 pound thrust trolling motor with 77 AH battery. My son and I expected to be troubleshooting on maiden voyage but instead everything worked great, focus now is on improvement. My focus is to maintain portability and ease of use (everything into back of SUV without having to fold down rear seats), so I don't expect to add boat seats and some of the other cool mods I have seen. We used coolers for seats and it worked well largely. Now I am building a PVC launch trolley to allow one man to easily launch and move it to and from water. Love it so far, this is the solution I was looking for, as I have zero desire to trailer/maintain a boat.

Comment

• Has anyone experimented using a high pressure drop-stitch floor in their Intex Mariner? I see some on AliExpress with similar dimensions to my Mariner 3. I think it would drastically reduce weight while increasing portability. I could glue D-rings on the interior tube to secure it and roll the whole thing up (boat included) after deflating!

Comment

• Ok I ordered the floor. Will update here on how it works out.

Comment

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cover for that fits the Mariner 4 well?

Comment

Working...
                X