Sevylor XL280

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer
I've had this inflatable in my basement for years, and with family in town for the weekend we decided to drag it out and inflate it. I see it is stamped it can take up to a 3.5 horse outboard. How the heck would you mount one to this thing???
It's round all the way around with no provisions for a motor mount? :confused:

snappman

Cadet
Re: Sevylor XL280

I've had this inflatable in my basement for years, and with family in town for the weekend we decided to drag it out and inflate it. I see it is stamped it can take up to a 3.5 horse outboard. How the heck would you mount one to this thing???
It's round all the way around with no provisions for a motor mount? :confused:

Ya I was real confused about that myself! However, I searched and found that you have to buy a bracket that will attach to your oarlocks and rear of boat for transom mount. Its basicly a "U" shaped tube design witha piece of wood about a foot x nine inches or so u- bolted to the end. You can get them from sevylor.com or go to bass pro shop, thats where i found them the cheapest. I just got the trolling motor sevylor sells, mounts without a transom bracket. Hopefully it works well. if not i will be getting a bigger motor+mount. Good luck!!