Seaworthy Inflatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabull22

Seaman
I just got a inflatable boat made by seaworthy. I was wondering how I could get some info on this thing. The only thing I see on it is this:
SVN 27466 E6 96. I would like to know how strong of a motor it can take, how to install the floors etc...

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Seaworthy Inflatable?

Seaworthy was an inflatable made in Yugoslavia(Serbia I think) and only sold through West Marine in the U.S. West decided one bright shiny day to stop buying the boat. It left the U.S. distributor with no customary so they sold off their few in stock boats and I bought the leftover stock of parts, material, etc. You can try West Marine and see if they have any kind of info left on the boats, but it has been five years...

Last edited:

dabull22

Seaman

I looked up the MIC number (SVN) on the coast guard website and it says it was made in Severn, MD and the company went out of business a few years back.

noted

Recruit

I am hoping someone out there has a set (or 1) of "Seaworthy" inflatable oarlocks for my older dingy. I am aware that "Seaworthy" is no longer in business but am hopeful that someone has an extra set they will sell. Without it I am going in circles, literally!

tschmidt

Recruit

Noted,
are you still looking for oarlocks for your Seaworthy inflatable? I have one of these boats too and recently started made replacement oarlocks for it. I can make and sell you a pair if you want.

-Tom

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The company that did the importing is still in business they just changed their name. They are now selling a boat made in south america.
I was just in that store a few weeks ago. For the locals. They have a bad reputation for inflatables but boating accessories are ok. If you cant find it anyplace else I can always stop by for you or give you there contact information

zwapp420

Cadet

The company that did the importing is still in business they just changed their name. They are now selling a boat made in south america.
I was just in that store a few weeks ago. For the locals. They have a bad reputation for inflatables but boating accessories are ok. If you cant find it anyplace else I can always stop by for you or give you there contact information

Unfortunately, that is why you buy a name brand boat.

BarbaraHarrison

Recruit
Seadog Nylon Oarlocks part#s SD-580157 or Sd-580158 - a pair $3.60 will work, shaft is too long so you will have to hack saw them to size (~1 1/2"), of couse you will lose the lock part which didn't work, put a small hole on each side of oarlock and run a wire between them, this will prevent them from going overboard, as they will stay on the oar. I spent some hours finding these, got mine from e-bay,(Canoe oarlocks??) but Defender Industries also spent much time helping me and also found them at Duckworks Boatbuilder's Supply (www.duckworksbbs.com) Hope this helps all, this Seawothy inflatable may be old but is still in good condition

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm sorry folks, but this topic has gone off topic. From Seaworthy ID initially to finding parts now. As a reminder, please start a new topic about your particular question or issue instead of tagging onto an old topic. And please do not offer parts for sale or try to buy parts in the forums. Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm sorry folks, but this topic has gone off topic. From Seaworthy ID initially to finding parts now. As a reminder, please start a new topic about your particular question or issue instead of tagging onto an old topic. And please do not offer parts for sale or try to buy parts in the forums. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.