Sevylor Floorboard???

Status
Not open for further replies.

uragon

Recruit
Re: Sevylor Floorboard???

I just built my floor made it one pc of 5/8 plywood 1/2 would have worked but fig a little thicker wouldnt hurt.Had a gt of paint mixed up the same color as the green of the raft at Ace hardware. i had a pattern of the factory floor just layed the out and cut around then its 29 1/2 in wide and 73 1/2 in long at the sloped end , sanded it real ghood seem to fit ok havent tryed it on the water yet.

I just ordered my sevylor fish hunter 360, you said you have the pattern of factory floor is there a way for you to share the details of its measurement? I really want to have it and make my own floor.

privatebeachguy

Recruit

Anyone have floor board plans or have made floor boards for the Sevylor Super Caravelle 6?

privatebeachguy

Recruit

Does anybody have a template for the super caravelle(yah I know get a fish hunter instead) but I had the caravelle way before the fish hunter came out. I noticed the the pvc was also a little heavier than the fish hunter.

We have the Super Caravelle 6 and we are looking to make floor boards and a motor mount as well. Anyone have floor board plans for this boat? It's 11" shorter and 2" narrower than the Fish Hunter 360 and without the rope mounts in the floor. According to the Sevylor website, the Fish Hunter is a little heavier PVC than the Super Caravelle.

Super Caravelle 6: 10' 10" x 5' 5" 29 Gauge PVC
Fish Hunter 360: 11' 9" x 5' 7" 32 Gauge PVC

Both specs listed on the Sevylor website.

Hobbs770

Recruit

Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase a floorboard for my Sevylor H360, and have seen some in this post who have, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I even checked Sevylor's website.. has this been discontinued or am I looking for it under a different name (Sevylor floorboard)?

All comments welcome..

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hobbs: Where do you live and does a home-made version hold any interest? Absolutely no hard feelings if you're looking for something else. There are multiple photos of mine on this site, along with any trials and tribulations associated with it. If I recall, it is just under half an inch thick (7/16"? plywood - trust whatever thickness I posted here at the time), is in 2 separate pieces, and is painted to match the boat w. 2-3 coats of top Gliddon latex/enamel outdoor paint (~$17 per qt @ Home Depot in 2012). There are slots (1.5") in the floor to permit 2 cinch straps to fasten the seat to the floor.

I purchased an Intex Mariner 4 a few weeks ago and have since made a floor for that one, so will no longer be needing the Sevylor floorboards.

Good luck with your search.

Hobbs770

Recruit

Hobbs: Where do you live and does a home-made version hold any interest? Absolutely no hard feelings if you're looking for something else. There are multiple photos of mine on this site, along with any trials and tribulations associated with it. If I recall, it is just under half an inch thick (7/16"? plywood - trust whatever thickness I posted here at the time), is in 2 separate pieces, and is painted to match the boat w. 2-3 coats of top Gliddon latex/enamel outdoor paint (~$17 per qt @ Home Depot in 2012). There are slots (1.5") in the floor to permit 2 cinch straps to fasten the seat to the floor.

I purchased an Intex Mariner 4 a few weeks ago and have since made a floor for that one, so will no longer be needing the Sevylor floorboards.

Hi,
I live in Dallas and would be interested to hear more! I just went out this weekend with it and learned two things.
1. I need a troller motor!!! getting back against the current for this old man was.. long.
2. a floor; I don't move around on all fours like I used to.. :)

Hobbs770

Recruit

Can't find a pic anywhere...?

Please delete this post; I found it. :)

Last edited:

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hobbs: I'm in the Seattle area, so not practical to get you these floor boards, I assume.

I know what you mean about getting around. So I didn't hesitate when I got the mariner 4. Even though it has a slat floor, I need those seats, so a solid floor was necessary. I'm now using those same seats (Sevylor green) in my gray & red boat. I won't win any fashion awards, but a red/gray version of what I have is $45 each at Cabella's, so for that price, unless someone wants to buy these ones, I will have to fish without being color coordinated! :)

Hobbs770

Recruit

Hobbs: I'm in the Seattle area, so not practical to get you these floor boards, I assume.

I know what you mean about getting around. So I didn't hesitate when I got the mariner 4. Even though it has a slat floor, I need those seats, so a solid floor was necessary. I'm now using those same seats (Sevylor green) in my gray & red boat. I won't win any fashion awards, but a red/gray version of what I have is $45 each at Cabella's, so for that price, unless someone wants to buy these ones, I will have to fish without being color coordinated! :)

I wonder how much it would cost to ship them?

Hobbs770

Recruit

CopperFox; just curious but, why'd ya buy the Intex Mariner 4 if you already had the HF360?

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hobbs: A more detailed explanation is on page 5 (May 17, 2013) of the active thread on here regarding Intex Mariner 4 Modifications. The short version is: though I had only 1 or 2 minor complaints about the HF-360, my experience with 2 brand new of the newer ones has convinced me that their newer, NOT Boston valves, are not reliable. This boat used to be made with Boston valves. Earlier this year, when the 3rd of 5 or 6 trips was impacted by yet another failing valve, I ordered the Mariner 4 that night.

TheGooch

Recruit
Just wanted to add into this old post here.

I just picked up an HF 360 and the dimensions for the floorboard in some of these responses are way off from mine (maybe they changed?).

I just measured and am estimating a final cut of 7.5 x 3.75 (at the widest obviously)

Can anyone else here confirm?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just wanted to add into this old post here.

I just picked up an HF 360 and the dimensions for the floorboard in some of these responses are way off from mine (maybe they changed?).

I just measured and am estimating a final cut of 7.5 x 3.75 (at the widest obviously)

Can anyone else here confirm?

No adding to old threads unless you are the OP.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.