Seahawk 2 with a gas motor?

matt167

Captain
I've been in the process of building a garage and I won't have my big Starcraft ready to launch by the end of the boating season. And my little 8' boat that I'm building needs quite a bit still...

Will a little Seahawk 2 be ok with a small gas motor? I have a Hangkai water cooled 3.5hp which is really about 1.5hp and weighs 12 lbs.. It DOES run fairly well but I did buy it for just an experiment.. I think my OMC 4hp twins would be too much

matt167

Captain
I just ordered a Seahawk 3 and a motor mount, Too cheap not to and I get on the water this year without a hassle I found a video of a Seahawk 2 with a Hangkai 3.5 so I think it will be ok.

matt167

Captain
Do I really need to add a floor? I know it is about the most common modification and highly recommended..

Will float it on a small lake with good fishing

matt167

Captain
What does everyone do to affix the registration numbers? I wasn't going to bother for the 1-2 times I would be out and under power. But the lake I'm planning on going to which is local, has kind of been blocked by sort of a lake HOA and there is no public launch for trailer boats anymore. DEC has a car top launch which I will use but I've heard the HOA and the lake residents don't like outsiders so I don't want a ticket if they notice my boat has no tags

Fishcall1570

Cadet
I am sure you already took to the water but in cases like that I would use mailbox lables or some other cheap craft store sticker that meets specifications for registration display. If you clean the pvc well and its dry, they should last the day. You can also try attaching them to a small plank or piece of card board hung from the grab line.

matt167

Captain
I used a sharpie and stencils from the craft store. I have a friend who works for the NYS DEC, which is the governing body of the lake I use it at. I had him check and he said it would be fine.. I attached the registration sticker with super glue. It's good for 3 years which is likely the life of the boat, but if I need to re register it, the next sticker will stick to the old sticker

Hamill

Recruit
Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread.