High pressure air pump for Inflatable boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my PVC inflatable boat requires 9PSI for the floor and 3PSI for the tubes,

I tried different high pressure (they call themselves) air pump 12v so we can pump powered by car lighter jack.

All of them were under powered. When we try a hand pump that came with, that's the only one working.

I was wondering what you guys use out there, something portable but high pressure with multiple adapters that come with.
Schrader type of car tire air pump, I cannot get the adapters that has wide opening for inflatable boats.

Thanks ahead for your inputs.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Moons back when needed to reinflate a high pressure air floor used a 12 Volt standard car pump with a special air valve adapter with pressure gauge included made expressly to match Halkey Roberts air valve, just topped the air deck before launching side to my car. My air floor was 12 PSI factory rated for.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bravo 9.JPG Views:	1 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	10896551

Would lrecommend going after a Bravo 9 dual low/high pressure foot pump to reinflate the air floor once the boat is put in water operation. Excellent for tubes and air floor as well. 9 PSI is bit low for an air deck, usually are 10 to 12 PSI rated for.

Happy Boating

Thank you Sea Rider! So a manual foot pump seems to be way to go to inflate and deflate.

So how do I measure the psi using this pump when to stop pumping or more air?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Thank you Sea Rider! So a manual foot pump seems to be way to go to inflate and deflate. So how do I measure the psi using this pump when to stop pumping or more air?

To measure the air pressure with a Bravo 9 foot pump will ned a independent pressure gauge. There are other nice Bravo foot pumps with attached pressure gauge, but none of them are dual, besides are rated for tube inflation to max 5.0PSI. There's other better hand alternatives such as : Bravo 4 Kite, Bravo 6M both with pressure gauge at the air outlet where the air hose connects to. Tomarrow can post pics of both to have a look....

To deflate maintain pushed all air valves's tips at same time for a gradual fast tube deflation. Check IBoats, Amazon, West Marine, Defender which ones are available...

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Other nice alternative is the Bravo 9 with an independent pressure gauge. Less bulky and easier to store than any of both suggested hand pumps..

Happy Boating

Attachments

• photo334946.jpg
    photo334946.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.