Seahawk 4 and Minn Kota Moter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomBuffalo

Recruit
I am sure this topic has been beaten like a dead horse but I searched the forum for a while and couldn’t find anything.

I would like your thoughts on this set up that I just bought for my Seahawk 4.

Minn Kota Edura C2 30lb Thrust - 30” shaft
Weize 12V 35AH Deep Cycle AGM

For Those who have it, are you happy with the 30 pound thrust?

Is the 30 inch shaft long enough?

Did I buy a big enough battery?

rat boat

Seaman Apprentice
30# thurst depends on your use if you want to go a small distance to fish it will be fine but will to way to slow to be practical for other uses. 30" shaft is long enough. with that battery plan for a run time of 3 hours. The math says you will get more but your last will be slow and you want emergancy redundancy. They never really stop but they get slower and slower and slower.

MaxiSailing

Recruit
As I understand it a 30lbs 12v use a little less (R.O.M.) than 30A. I.e. one hour will consume 30Ah. And the regular non pwm controlled motors like your c2 use approx. the same amount independent of throttle setting (at low speed resistors are using the power).

A regular (non li) lead battery usually should not be used to more than 50%.

So basically your battery can be used 30min before recharge.

Probably a 30lbs is fine for an inflatable. I use an 55lbs minn Kota Maximizer with 85Ah gel exide equipment battery + extra dp master mariner the batteries are so heavy it takes some of the fun out and the lithium iron ones are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.