Need advice on cost and what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerlinKhan

Banned
Hello everyone,,

I'm thinking of getting an inflatable to get me on the water. So far I have found two boats that I'm thinking about buying.

Intex Seahawk II (with motor mount, oars, pump and the usual stuff) for $155 on Amazon with free shipping.

Sevylor Fish Hunter 4 person (boat itself for $150) + Oars and pump: roughly $180
BUT If I decided to get the sevylor motor, a motor mount wouldn't be required.

I'll definitely be getting a trolling motor for whatever one I choose. I'm leaning toward a Minn Kota 30# thrust (roughly $110) but if I decide on the fish hunter, I'll probably just get the slower Sevylor 12# motor for $110 so I don't need the motor mount.

What do you guys think is the better buy? What one do you think is more reliable? I'll be using the boat by myself most of the time but occasionally I'll have a friend with me. I figured on the 4 person size of both the boats because I hear the 4 person rating is a stretch and I don't want to be overly cramped.

Another thing I'll have to get is a deep cycle battery and charger. I have no idea how much these cost so help would be nice.

Please help me make a decision! :D
Thanks!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
How much do you like boating, cruising, fishing, potting around as to invest wise on a higher cost basic inflatable with thicker fabric material, wooden, alum or inflatable floor and a built in back transom to carry a larger HP motor and have more water fun than with those flimsy unsupported fabric low cost cheap inflatables.

Happy Boating

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Those are cheap inflatables. You will not be happy if you get one of those. Take a look at Sea Eagle inflatables. Top quality but they cost a lot more. I just purchased a new 350 FX Sea Eagle inflatable fishing kayak with an electric trolling motor. It is tough as can be almost indestructible, rated up to class 4 waters. Holds up to 575 lbs. look for higher quality inflatables than what you mentioned.

BerlinKhan

Banned
Hello everyone,,

I'm thinking of getting an inflatable to get me on the water. So far I have found two boats that I'm thinking about buying.

Intex Seahawk II (with motor mount, oars, pump and the usual stuff) for $155 on Amazon with free shipping.

Sevylor Fish Hunter 4 person (boat itself for $150) + Oars and pump: roughly $180
BUT If I decided to get the sevylor motor, a motor mount wouldn't be required.
internet sweepstakes games

I'll definitely be getting a trolling motor for whatever one I choose. I'm leaning toward a Minn Kota 30# thrust (roughly $110) but if I decide on the fish hunter, I'll probably just get the slower Sevylor 12# motor for $110 so I don't need the motor mount.

What do you guys think is the better buy? What one do you think is more reliable? I'll be using the boat by myself most of the time but occasionally I'll have a friend with me. I figured on the 4 person size of both the boats because I hear the 4 person rating is a stretch and I don't want to be overly cramped.

Another thing I'll have to get is a deep cycle battery and charger. I have no idea how much these cost so help would be nice.

Please help me make a decision! :D
Thanks!

Thank you i got my issue solved,....

Status
Not open for further replies.