Seahawk floor valve problem

Verbin

Recruit
Good day, good iboats people...

I just bought a Seahawk 4 online and it has a problem with the floor valve: there is a small piece of material at the bottom of the main inflation valve that prevents the little flapper valve from closing properly when the inflation nozzle is removed.

I know these little flapper valves don't completely seal the main valve but, as it is, it lets out more air than normal, especially when the floor is at full pressure. The main valve seems to hold air okay when the plug is in.

My question is: is this a real problem in the real world? Should I send the boat back????

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

benji88

Cadet
Does it hold air once sealed? I don't have the same boat but I think my floor has a similar valve. I just take the pump out and close it tight as fast as possible. I don't really expect much from the flapper valve.

Verbin

Recruit
Thanks Benji. I probably wouldn't care so much except it's a new boat. It was really bugging me and might be difficult to access our even notice once the floor is in, so I sent it back for exchange. I'll let you know how the vendor does with the return.

(They shouldn't whine too much, that boat did something to me- I ended up also buying a Mariner, and a huge batch of other stuff I didn't need!)