First impressions on our Sea Eagle 12.6sr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagle Mark

Seaman Apprentice
So, after a few weeks of rain and work conflicts I got to take our Sea Eagle 12.6sr out for the first time. Boy was I impressed! True, I had limited experience with only 2 other inflatables but right from the get go it was a blast. The SE is NOT just marketing hype. It is a solid, well made boat. It's not tippy even when standing up as I tried at the dock. I had the inflatable floor a little under inflated but it still felt solid and I could sense it absorbing ripples and small waves giving me a smooth ride. It's easy to get up on a plane and went a lot faster than I thought it would with a Tohatsu 6hp. The best feature is the external inflatable keel. Steering was crisp and precise whether planing or at low speeds. The other inflatables I tried had a tendency to wander and needed constant attention at the tiller to maneuver. In all I spent a solid 2 hours and traveled over five and a half miles, and didn't even drain the small internal tank. Not bad for my first time out. Can't wait to go again.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
What power outboard were you using and what is the recommended transom weight

Status
Not open for further replies.