Hypalon tube care suggestions

Hi guys new to the group with questions. I live in the US and I ended up getting a 2010 Ab 11 Dlx that is in great shape with a Yamaha 40hp and I would like to give the tubes a good cleaning to remove some mildew, then hit it with some kind of conditioner and/or sealer for protection if there is such thing for the tubes. What do you guys use to clean the tubes and what product do you use to protect the tubes and extend its life?

Don't want to use any harsh chemicals as I don't want to compromise the Hypalon material.

Is there any product that gives some shine to the material?

Is it aerospace 303 safe to use with Hypalon?

Also, the blue accent color is a bit fade, what can be done about it, was thinking of taking the boat somewhere and replacing the blue accents but if I can restore it would be better.

I want to take care as much as possible, will keep the boat at a lake under a roof with a cover, need to get a breathable one to avoid more mildew.

Any help and recommendations for taking care of the tubes would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

I use Mary Kate Inflatable cleaner to clean tubes and Aerospace 303 Protectant afterwords. Will protect tubes from collecting dirt, mold. fungus than if using nothing. Works well for PVC, Hypalon fabrics. Check if Iboats sells any good product to clean and protect inflatable tubes.

If mold is already on tubes, brush with a toothbrush moistened in product and clean in circular motion. Sometines when mold, fungus have made their way inside dotted fabrics will be a PITA to remove them completely.

Happy Boating

Last edited: