We bought a new boat!

Sea Eagle Mark

Seaman Apprentice
So we bought a Sea Eagle 12.6 After many months of checking out all the different brands of inflatable boats I settled on a Sea Eagle. There are so many to research my head started to swim after a few weeks. All the better brands had their pros and cons but for me it boiled down to customer service, a 6 year warranty, a patented external keel and the fact that their headquarters are an easy hour plus drive from our home. We got to meet the staff, see over a dozen different types of water craft they carry, and see, sit, and play around with the model we were most interested in. Even though we were there for the better part of an hour, asking questions never once did they try to pressure us to buy on the spot. It only took 2 days from the time I ordered to delivery to our home. Today I read the manual, watched the online video and spent a leisurely hour putting it all together and getting it on the trailer I built a few weeks ago. Piece of cake, but at my age I'm really glad I got a trailer for it. I think the fun factor would go way down if I had to set it up and take it down every time we wanted to go for a adventure. I'm going to register it tomorrow and hopefully take a trial run in a few days. I'll keep you posted. 😀

Attachments

• photo311978.jpg
    photo311978.jpg
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311979.jpg
    photo311979.jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311980.jpg
    photo311980.jpg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 1

trey22

Cadet
Looks great!

How did you attach the seat to the bench? I have a Newport Vessels Catalina 12.6 and looking for a way to attach a couple of swivel boat seats to my benches (preferably without drilling through the benches).

Sea Eagle Mark

Seaman Apprentice
Hey trey22, it was part of the deluxe package upgrade we added and it's way more comfortable then I thought it would be, but.... This seat at Walmart is a close copy of ours.

https​​https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wise-8WD...Down-Molded-Fishing-Seat-White-White/28875832

Ours it bolted to the seat but it swivels 360 degrees and has a lever that will lock it in any position you want. If you don't want to bolt it to the seat you might want to give this a try also at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clamp-on-Boat-Seat-Swivel/11071210

​​​​​​​Both are very low cost. Look online, ask others what they did and give it some thought and you'll come up with a great idea. There's always a workaround if you just think about it for a bit.​​​​​​

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Congrats for your new water toy acquisition, the only counterproductive issue for me is that having such large aft inflatable tubes reduces dramatically the available deck space left, more deck space is a must have...

Happy Boating

Sea Eagle Mark

Seaman Apprentice
Gee, Sea Rider, the inside dimensions for the Sea Eagle are,
12 ft. 6 in. Length
5 ft. 5 in. Width
8' 6" x 2' 8" inside dimensions
6 Adults or 1600 lbs.

Azzurro Mare

12 ft length
5ft 7in width
7ft 8in x 2ft 8in inside dimensions
Load 1433

Saturn SD385
13 ft length
5ft 7in Width
8ft 4in x 2ft 8in inside dimensions
​​​​​​​1500lbs load
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​looks like we have more room.....did I miss something?
we'll hopefully be taking it out for a try in the next few days, weather permitting. I'll post an update on how I thought it performed.