New & Need Advice

mark553

Recruit
Hi, I've been boating all my 67 years, starting from lake for 35 years then salt (Destin, Fl). To get to the point, I just relocated my Sundancer 540 to Pickwick Lake (Tn River) and find myself in need of a tender to taxi my two 80 lbs labs to shore to do their business when out on the hook. I have the hydro lift and was looking for something sporty that would fit on the swim platform. When I say sporty, enough power to play with and a helm, no tiller drives. All this trying to stay in the 10-15K range. I appreciate and help and advice. Mark

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

Which size do you have in mind, need a SIb (alum pannel floor) or a Rib (rigid fibeglass hull ) to add a center console and helm.

Happy Boating

mark553

Recruit
Like Sgt Shultz, I know nothing about inflataables. In my mind I was thinking of a small jet tender but from what I understand they have fallen by the wayside.

mark553

Recruit
Thanks for the ideas. From what I see the Williams would be great but way out of my budget.

mark553

Recruit
Welcome to Iboats,

Which size do you have in mind, need a SIb (alum pannel floor) or a Rib (rigid fibeglass hull ) to add a center console and helm.

Happy Boating

From what I've heard, I think I'd prefer alum. I've been told they are lighter and faster with very little downside.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A Rib is way better than an alum panel floor Sib with center console.

You can check many nice Ribs with motor, check under Rigid Inflatable Boats, check Achilles. Excellent affordable combos to choose from.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Contact the OP by internal email to forward the info and the contact page doesn't work at all, it's useless. BTW, Iboats does not sell those type of inflatable boats..

Happy Boating