Patch help Seahawk 4

AnddRew

Recruit
I recently purchased a Seahawk 4. I took it out once and it did great. As it was laying out in the garage drying my girlfriend ran it over with her car. It has a leak in the third chamber. I tried the patches that Intex provided but they didn't work. I didn't have any alcohol on me, I was out at a lake, so I just used water and my shirt to clean it. I inflated after waiting 40 minutes, the instructions said 30, and it leaks before I get enough air in it. I ended up using all my patches but never got it to work. That was a lot of inflating and deflating. The hole is pretty big when it's inflated. I attached pictures.

So if you guys can help me patch this and what patching stuff I need to buy. I've never patched anything, not even a bike tire, and I know nothing about boats. I also probably don't swim well so the patch needs to hold well.

I read the entire Mariner 4 mod thread for ideas to modify my Seahawk and I remember reading about HH-66 and I read about Tear-Aid type b somewhere and I have both in my Amazon cart. I'm pretty sure I'll use the HH-66 for other things on the boat so I'll probably get that regardless.

Also, what size anchor should I get? I had a laundry soap bottle filled with sand, which I never used, but looking for something a little better.

Thanks for any tips.
20181108_095825.jpg
20181108_095842.jpg

Attachments

• 20181108_095825.jpg
    20181108_095825.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181108_095842.jpg
    20181108_095842.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181108_095829.jpg
    20181108_095829.jpg
    642.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

AnddRew

Recruit
No advice?

I guess after a lot of reading what I really need to know is what material do I get for the patch. Everything I read and every video just says to ready your patch or put glue on it or something but never says what to use. And I don't want to destroy the cushions.

I got the HH-66 and the Tear Aid. But I don't know if the Tear Aid is good for a permanent fix. I'm tempted to try it soon just to go on the lake for a day before it gets cold.

To clarify on the pictures, the hole is near the front on the right side under the seem, the bottom side that goes in the water. I should have taken an image of it zoomed out a bit. And the lines are indentations. I'm guessing her tire ran it over near the rod holder and the boat was loosely bundled a bit on the edges.

Again, thanks for any help.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Does the indentation lines seen in pics adjacent to the hole are just flat ones or with high or low relief indentations ? If with high relief will need to sand, polish, wear away to flatten out that fabric portion as no patch will hold there well. The hole seems large enough to apply any glue, silicone, whatever directly over it as an inflatable deals with air pressure while it's on its way.

Any pvc fabricl, not that thick though can be used as a patch, will need 2 part pvc glue for that purpose.

Don't know if Tear Aide is a permanent or momentarily patch fix. Try it, nothing to lose, al least much better that having to cut a seat portion to get a patch. LOL!! Clean well all surfaces to be patched and follow Tear Aid instructions. Good Luck!!

Happy Boating