My Aluminum sib Trailer

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Once I bought my 14ft sib,30hp remote 2 stroke motor with steering wheel and controls I was in need of a trailer to put it on. It seems like a lot of people use pwc trailers after modifying them. That's what I tried to do and after taking careful measurements I bought a friends trailer, then quickly found out it was going to be a no go so started a search for a purpose built inflatable boat trailer.

That search found only one which was made by Trailex.I paid $1500.00 for my trailer which compared to what many,maybe most use for their sibs it was expensive. I justified paying that much when I considered how much money and time I had into my boat and what kind of trailer I was going to use to protect that investment. A smaller and lesser trailer that I would have to modify to my satisfaction was just not going to work for me.

Some of the positives I got with this trailer is #1 it's large enough to accommodate my 14ft boat. With that you get a proper length trailer tongue which allows me to make tighter turns without causing damage,can open the tailgate of my pickup,the boat is not to forward or to far back for proper support of the tubes.#2 you get two bunks for each tube which adds support and makes it easy to launch and retrieve. #3 last but in no way least I had a transom support. My 155lb motor bouncing down the road with just glue holding things together was a big no go for me. I did it once on a 60 mile round trip to the city and back but was not going to do it again.

I've had this trailer for about four years now and I'm very happy with the purchase,no issues at all which includes on a 1,000 mile trip. What ever kind of trailer,those of you who need a trailer,end up with I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine. 20141221_141917.jpg
20141222_092606.jpg20150115_163300.jpg20141230_142616.jpg

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
On the last picture it looks like the axle is to far forward, well it was but everything is adjustable on this trailer so it was not a problem to move it to the rear.

boat1boat2.JPG

https://youtu.be/jUWdr1oXTdQ

Last edited: