Repair of ribs and sibs on YouTube.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
For a funny,entertaining yet informative channel on YouTube check out Alfred Montaner's. He owns a small but growing repair shop in Miami. He does ribs and sibs but mostly ribs and some very big ones. Too it's not only just a repair shop but a high end custom shop.

https://youtu.be/FCbUH6WJirw

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Nice work, to my particular taste the guy talks darn too much. How can he say in that video when testing the Rib that you can't open the throttle fully, it's bad for the engine. Definitely doesn't know much about boating inside safe wot rpm range, tach readings, he only cares about speed...

This is the Brit version of the same job done by a skilled lady, straight to the point with min talk..LOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQlMyjJoi6o

Happy Boating

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
I agree it certainly can be annoying but for me it's also entertaining. I don't remember the motor comment but could it be it was a new motor being broken in? Regardless of that we do need to keep in mind that he repairs and customizes boats not motors. Thanks for the link.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
The guy mentioned about that issue near the end of the water trail. As this was a re tube seems the engine was already broken in. How much do you think was the re tube cost on the first video ? At least 8-10 grand easily ?

Happy Boating

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
I could only guess the price but if what he says is true about using the best of materials and the boats built to better than new at much less the cost of a new boat I think a lot of people would jump at that deal if they needed new tubes. Yeah your first thought would be older boat older motor but people do put new motors on older boats. All speculation but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Personally don't have issues putting a brand new out of the box OB on an old or used boat if the boat happens to be an oustanding one, hard to replace, NLA anymore. Pprobably will go that route when my beloved 18 HP meets next 1K worked hours as already have a spare new one ready to go.

Happy Boating

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Just got done watching one of his video's on cleaning a very dirty rib. You see how he buys a used rib that I guess was sitting in a guys back yard for awhile that was very very dirty and moldy then he cleans it up. He does some things different than I do but then again my boat never gets as dirty as his was. I have written on how I clean mine and Sea Rider has too,some things I'll be trying in the future that other people might like to know so if you do just ask. If some of you have your own way of cleaning and preserving that works for you lets hear them.

https://youtu.be/8Av5W9zT3U0