HELP!!!! puncture in unpatchable area NOOOOOO!!!

Eric Fife

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all

i have an intex mariner 4. i put a hole through the welded rubber attachment point for the motor mount on the back of the boat. its right up against the rubber ring where the metal bar of the motor mount attaches to the rubber ring. the hole goes through the rubber welded piece and into the boat. intex can give no help on this. im thinking either a tire plug or rubber cementing a screw through the hole to fix it. does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

Post a pic of the issue, better than 100 written words...LOL!!

Happy Boating

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
spend another $200 on a new boat?

Bonaventure

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Do you use the motor mount?

How on earth did you do this?...Sorry........

Piper36

Recruit
I've successfully use cycle tubeless tire sealant for fixing minor ignoring leaks, may not work in your case.
Pour bottle about 250ml into dry tube, avoid getting in valve, I used a hose and syringe and put hose through valve so it went straight into pontoon. Inflate pontoon and rotate boat so sealant can cover the leaks. In my case pontoon was going soft over a couple hours, now it is rock hard overnight, never been that good before.

Mountain bikers use plugs (see bike shop) for big holes with sealant doing rest. I've not tested it but worth a try.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Is your boat pvc? If it is it can be patched. Go to the NRS web site,they will have all the material needed to do a proper patch job. They also have video's and will be happy to take your call if you need to. Good luck.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
It's proper time to spend wisely on a more pro inflatable boat with a built aft transom that will last and enjoy much longer compared to a flimsy cheap one made out of a un supported shower courtain material...LOL!!

Happy Boating

Eric Fife

Seaman Apprentice
actually i bought a 12.5' meyers vhull aluminum. a tire plug fixed the puncture btw. just sold the inflatable not to long ago.