Looking for inflatable repair in IL

infowire

Seaman Apprentice
I have a small hole, im trying to find a place that can repair it in 40my radius of Fox lake il.

Attachments

• photo294256.jpg
    photo294256.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
how old is the hull?

Hypalon or PVC? you can repair it yourself

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If pucture was inflicted by oneself, no warranty will cover it. It's a simple repair. If it's just a tiny pinhole, deflate tube, lay fabric horizontal over ground and put one droplet of cracy instant glue on top hole, let dry.

Happy Boating

Bonaventure

Petty Officer 2nd Class
some Crazy Glue may be better for the purpose than others.

I would use LOCTITE 380 "Black Max" or PERMATEX ZipGrip GPE15 Rubber Bonder. These 2 are more in line with the surface that you wish to repair. More flexible.

There are probably other products from various companies that will be more suitable than the hard finish from normal Crazy Glue. Go to the NET and read up.

Hope this helps

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Go to the NRS web site they have all the patching material and proper adhesives you would need. They also have good video tutorials and they welcome your calls if your need more help. Lately I've been using HH-66 glue but have also used Clifton with good results.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Yep, crazy glue instant glue type will do the job, come on, it's just ONE small droplet on fabric, not the whole container LOL!! Personally don't like to put a horrible patch over such a small pinhole. A patched inflatable retracts its future selling value.. A friend of mine who likes fishing has about 15 pinholes repairs with this type of glue and none of them leaks air.

Happy Boating

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
It looks to me to be more than a pin hole and the op wrote it's a small hole so if that's the case he'll need a patch IMHO.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Before buying CRC leak detector, make another test with tube well inflated without soappy water, just plain water and check for bubbles again. Is the pinhole, hole whatever is it, located on top tube, on a seam or adjacent to it ?

Happy Boating

Last edited:

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
yeah that wasn't a hole.. i can't find the whole sprayed the whole tube with soap and water nothing. I will put ona clean lake see if i can see some bubbles... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BPMCH1C/ i'll try this. If nothing works i'll try a salient west-marine--inflatable-boat-sealant--444679

Finding a leak can be a problem for sure. Something that has worked for me is washing the boat with dish washing soap in a bucket of water and a nice soft car washing brush. You'll put on a lot of soapy water in a short period of time plus you'll have a clean boat. Use a pressure gauge and keep it pumped up to max pressure while washing. Good luck.

lncoop

Vice Admiral
How do you know it's a small hole? I see lots of bubbly spots that may or may not be other smaller leaks, and is that a seam? Some background info would be helpful.