good deal or not?

Lynx7386

Cadet
Found an intex excursion 5 for sale locally for 250$. No holes or patches or tears, already has a plywood floor and carpet, comes with a 50lb trolling motor, battery, power center, roles, late, motor mount. the guy says he's only used it twice and his family just didn't get into the lake fishing thing.

I know that a new excursion 5 with motor mount is around 140-150, and that 50lb motor is 170, not to mention the cost of the battery and power center. is this a safe buy?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did the seller buy new and how old is it?

If it holds air, the TM works and battery isn't too old, why not.

Lynx7386

Cadet
Yea everything was purchased new, I'll test the motor and everything when I go look at it. he says the motor/battery were bought new and only used twice. it's a soozier brand motor and might max 55 amp 12v battery.

The power center is a Minn kota, which I've heard is a good brand. I'm not sure if he's selling a battery charger or not though

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
how old is it. the intex products have a very finite life.

Lynx7386

Cadet
Really? First I've heard that, I've seen a few people that have had theirs for years of use and still working. I'll ask the seller when I get a chance.

Even still, with all the other stuff replacing the inflatable itself is fairly cheap at 125$. if I can get six months or a year of use out of it and then have to replace that part, it won't bother me much.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
What happened witht he Porta-Bote, you've changed your mind preferring a cheal inflatable ?

Happy Boating