Sea Tracker questions

Hello everyone i am new to the site. Today I picked up a Sea Tracker inflatable boat. It has a little electric motor on it(not sure if it works yet). I cant find a single thing on the web about any info on it. i looked up a free HIN decode and other than giving me a manufacturing date it didn't say anything. I was just curious if anyone had one or heard of them? thanks in advance!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

Now a days you can find many inflatable brands bearing fancy names. What do you need to know about that particular brand ? Some pics will help..

Happy Boating

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What are the first 3 letters in the HIN? Could be a starting place. How old is it?

Welcome aboard.

well I would like to know the quality of it. was it a decent boat or something for the kids from the local toy store. I figure to make modifications i will be on my own but thats half the fun anyway. the first 3 letters are LSJ. It was made in march 1987

jbcurt00

Staff member
Whats the manufacture date?

LSJ comes back as List Brokerage Management, previously S&H Marketing Corp. No longer in business as of 9/1991...

If it a 25+/- yr old inflatable, based on 1991 end of business, its probably beyond its intended design service life.....

Did you use www.hindecoder.com?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Stay away from oldtimers, will surely fall appart soon, no glued part can hold firm for such a long time. One story is while deflated and packed, other when fully inflated. Besides fabric must be dried and hardened by now..

Happy Boating

Last edited:
It's not dried out or anything it seems to be in great condition. Most of the parts are still in packaging so I don't think it's even been wet. I will definitely be cautious and not sink any money into it at this point.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Its a valid HIN, and came back w the same info @maker and previous company name...

30yr old inflatable, never used or not, is likey beyond its service life....

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
It's not dried out or anything it seems to be in great condition. Most of the parts are still in packaging so I don't think it's even been wet. I will definitely be cautious and not sink any money into it at this point.

To avoid throwing yourself into an empty pool, before buying that inflatable, inflate all sib chambers gradually to 3.0 PSI with a hand or foot air pump along a pressure gauge. If all tube's seams, handles, oar locks holds well buy it, if not run away. The "burst test" is the only way that will guarantee buying an inflatable in opt cond. Packed, not wet doesn't say much as could be a rip off Pandora Sib right from the beginning without knowing.

Personally would stay far from it, been too long in the inflatable bussiness as a user and selller to know about these kind of hidden issues which has happened to other boaters.

Anyway, what's the asking price, is it the only inflatable boat available in the market ?

Happy Boating

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm with Sea Rider - Pump her up gently and see what happens. Even unused stuff goes bad, not just inflatables.