Sealant

suneshop

Seaman
I have an older (2001?) Caribe RIB 10' or 11' with a glass window in the floor and a hinged fiberglass cover (door) this all appears to be factory. The problem is water is entering the area between the floor and the hull (bottom) there is a drain plug. I need to reseal the glass on top and bottom. Wondering what product to use as the sealant.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
just be advised your 2001 RIB is past the 15 year design life. dont be surprised when most of the seams start coming apart

the best sealant will be determined by the type of material your RIB is made from. PVC? Hypalon? other

what is your RIB made of?

you can try toobseal since its acrylic and your bottom window is probably acrylic

5200 would work, however it would be my last-ditch effort

suneshop

Seaman
Sorry about that,the tubes are hypalon but the seal is between the acrylic and the fiberglass.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
between acrylic and fiberglass, I would use 5200

I would most likely remove the entire acrylic panel and re-glaze it in place with 5200

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Not sure if you get it over there, but a product called CT-1 would be ideal for this. I?ve actually repaired a full on hole in the tubes with this stuff and it still hold pressure. Can be used and set under water too. Incredible stuff