Zodiac Futura S repair . New original questions ( I hope ! )

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​ Happy New
Year !
I started detaching the PVC patches around the transom. Due to heat and traction, they have gained ripples and have elongated. I would like to use them as a template and use a PVC (strongan ) for new ones. The most sensitive part seems to be the one at the joining of the transom with pontoons, that is, the strip that stick the pontoons on the transom at an approximate 90 degrees angle. I'm afraid it'll make creases when reglued .
What do you think about this soldering area? Should I cut some "V" as in the photo? Thank you !

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Don't know why Zodiac keeps using transom like patches when most Sib manufacturers use one piece transom holders. Just glue well wooden transom to inner holder and side tubes to outer holder and that's it...

Click image for larger version  Name:	08 Transom Holder.JPG Views:	1 Size:	10.3 KB ID:	10526680

Click image for larger version  Name:	Transom Holder.JPG Views:	1 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	10526681

Check for them, comes in different sizes for different tube diameters.

Happy Boating

Last edited by a moderator:
Sea Rider , if I found these holders, all things would be much easier ! I did not understand where to look for them . Thank you again for your support !

Last edited by a moderator:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A transom holder is more friendly and faster to install than patch like method. Glue transom to both holders, wrap duct tape tight between upper. middle and lower transom and side holders circumference till dry,

With inflated tubes to max working pressure, place/secure tramsom on tubes, once evenlyl seated draw a line around tubes and holder contour, glue it there. Wrap tigh a rope around tubes and transom circumference till completely dry. Hope can find holders there. Good luck.

Happy Boating

Last edited:
The idea of ​​using a preformed holder is excellent. It relieves you of any mistaken positioning of the strips on the original positions, the inevitable creases, and the possible inappropriate cleaning of the old glue ... The two sites do not have such a product, but after searching with google we found a source or two in Europe . I expect their answer in more detail.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Which diameter are your tubes when max inflated ? Tubes comes in 40/42/45/50 inch diameters.

Happy Boating