Ladder for inflatable

NLBNPB

Recruit
Achilles 9' thinking about garlick with cable attatchment. But no D ring on wood floor. So how about mounting it to transom? Would drill hole above loaded waterline, install eye thrubolted thru wood transom. Questions: lower hole placement is better? Need brass sleeve in transom? Appreciate ideas and suggestions.

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
Are you looking for a ladder for boarding from the water? Are you sure you need one? I used to board my 15' Zodiac with no problems by just slinging a leg over the tube and sliding in. When SCUBA diving I'd leave a line in the water and tie off the tanks and weight belt first.

NLBNPB

Recruit
Not enuf upper body strength I guess. I did find a post about attaching ladder to transom...I think I will try that. I know my D rings are not sturdy enuf for my 200 lb weight.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Is there a lifeline onto which to hold around sib's contour ? You need a light system to get back to sib, worse if has huge diam tubes that floats sib way higher than less diam tubes sibs.

Happy Boating

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm hoping to get a foot hold with foot on OB engine somewhere and come up the tube. I have not tried it though.

foot hold on engine.jpg

I just made a ladder out of 1" PVC pipe, I heated two sections with a nice curve to match the tube, its basically a 12" wide rectangle with a bend in it. It will tie off to my transom eye bolt on the opposite side.

And don't forget this method.
https://youtu.be/fi1NN35ifto

NLBNPB

Recruit
Love the crime scene man over the transom!! THAT might be me. The suggestions are all good ones. Thanks shipmates.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I'm hoping to get a foot hold with foot on OB engine somewhere and come up the tube. I have not tried it though.

A friend of mine broke Cav Plate side fin climbing from OB side, but wasn't a thin man though. Will be good just for initial impulse from water but not very recommended for standing up with body out of water.

Happy Boating

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A friend of mine broke Cav Plate side fin climbing from OB side, but wasn't a thin man though. Will be good just for initial impulse from water but not very recommended for standing up with body out of water.

Happy Boating

Yikes...that would be my description, "wasn't a thin man." I suppose I could just grab the stern line, pull it out, and make a big fat loop to step in. Had a buddy forget to pull the bow line in once with a clip on the end of it. Got caught in prop and the clip snapped off chunk of cav plate side fin.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Climbing out of water that way is only good for low board inflatables which has small to medium diam tubes that floats next to water level, on tall large diam ones you'll need to be some kind of Tarzan to do so properly....

Happy Boating

OFP1

Cadet
Website is difficult to work around but seems there is a number so call and order this if you want. Or make a rope with a foot loop in it for leverage to get up!