Idiots with Head Lights

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
I fish on a smallish pond/lake in RI. My issue is there are 2 many Idiots on this body of water that have "Head Lights" on their boat. They use them just like on a car. Not only do they make it impossible to see their Nav lights, They blind the hell out of everybody else. I have spoken to the local law, and the DEM. Neither of which seem to be willing to enforce the rules. What would be my next course of action. This is a hazard for everyone on the lake.

eddiemako1

Cadet
There considered docking lights. I have them on my boat and only use them to find channel markers to see the dock. I agree they should not be running with them on.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
I know what there for. I only want to get these IDIOTS to stop using them improperly, without confronting the offenders directly. As the improper use of them, is dangerous to everybody on the lake.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
I tried These Clowns think are special, because they own big beautiful boats.

Cat nip

Petty Officer 1st Class
Whatever it takes! I have 665 watts worth of led flood and spot lights that are located 360 degrees around my toon. If some jack wagon has there lights on me I give it rite back and unless its a tug or a bow fishing rig i have them beat and they get the hint real fast.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Call the state or locals with the policing authority. Move up the line until you hit the governor if needed.

Don't shoot golf balls at them. They will still be blinding boaters while you sit in the pokey charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was only kidding about my golf ball cannon. It would sink their boat. I have spoken to the local LEO, and the DEM. guess I'll call the State Police.

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
Kind of like, Motorcycles with straight pipe exhaust with a 2,000 watt, 15 speaker stereo blasting at full volume :(

EchoNovember

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well if you can't beat them join them. Only get the brightest light you can find like on a tug boat and give them a taste of their own medicine.

See if you can find an aircraft light. And a REALLY big battery. Or a small generator and a searchlight. They can't drive a boat without retinas.

EchoNovember

Petty Officer 1st Class
Kind of like, Motorcycles with straight pipe exhaust with a 2,000 watt, 15 speaker stereo blasting at full volume :(

I'm guessing that guy was a member of the "Loud pipes save lives" crowd. They don't. I used to drive a semi, and a whole gang of those jackwagons came up my left side. I saw them LONG before I heard them. I heard them about 10 feet from my window, which didn't give me enough time to roll up my window. I now have minor hearing loss in my left ear from that day. I've never been able to hear one in time for it to have made a lick of difference, the sound is aimed backwards. I always look for them, as a responsible driver should.

It is funny meeting them at a bar and having to yell at them to have a normal conversation.

"NICE HARLEY! NICE LOOKING PIPES! GREAT STEREO SYSTEM! nice hearing aid."
"WHAT??"
"I SAID NICE LEATHER FAIRING!" "OH, YOU GOTTA SPEAK UP, IT'S HARD TO HEAR IN HERE!" XD

But I digress.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Guaranteed if I shot a golf ball at them they are safe. So these numbwatts are using them when they are docked or anchored? Sometimes people are just ignorant and or drunk. There is risk today trying to have a civil conversation that is really a complaint. They get defensive and bad things can happen when it escalates into an argument. We see the aftermath on the news everyday and not just in the US. Here in sweet, polite Canada too, 4 shootings in my home town just this week. If there were 4 shooting a year it was big news. Going to the LEO's is the first step unfortunately and as said work your way up the ladder.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
These over privledged morons are using them while cruising around. I was kidding about the golf ball cannon, it would sink their boat. I have spoken with the local LEO's, and the DEM. I think it is time to start calling the news outlets, hopefully they can get the lazy LEO's to start doing their job.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
See if you can find an aircraft light. And a REALLY big battery. Or a small generator and a searchlight. They can't drive a boat without retinas.

when i flip my 1.5 million air craft landing light on them i hear,,,a lot of cursing but their lights go off and so dose mine, i have no problem with blinding them for a few seconds, some people have to be taught the hard way and i dont mind giving them lesson

Last edited: