Kansas City Lakes

Danny C

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Driving from St. Louis and Staying with my brother in law next weekend in Kansas City, Mo. I am bringing my small ski boat and am trying to find a good lake close to launch for coving, skiing, ect. as close to KC as possible. Trying not to go all the way to Truman or southern Mo.

At this point. found out Lake Jacomo has a HP limit, Smithville Lake has some mysterious algae that is closing beaches, Blue spring and longview look ok but I am worried that they are going to be packed with weekend boaters and also I think I need to get some sort of local Jackon county permit that seems like a hassle. Other option is Hillsdale lake a bit farther away. Seems like there is a whole lot of sailing up there. I am guessing the lakes are a bit more windy than in STL...

Long shot, but any KC boaters on hear that can give me advice on the best lake of the bunch?

Thanks,
Dan

sheyski

Cadet
I wish I would have been paying attention to this forum over the summer. I've been on a lot of the lakes in KC area (Smithville, Longview, Hillsdale, Clinton) but now ski on Pomona Lake (south of Topeka). Most boaters leave the lake alone so we have awesome skiing water (I'm a driver for the water ski club). It's an hour south of KC though so it's a bit of a drive. If my website was more fully developed, I could have helped you with this answer earlier :)