North Georgia get-together?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Are you Georgia Boaters battling flood like conditions this year? I am on the north Lake Erie lakeshore and what as once 20 feet of beach is 3 feet underwater. They say if they lower Erie by 1/4" or Lake Ontario by the same Toronto and Montreal will be under 3' of water. The water level in the Welland canal has reached the top of the channel walls. We had 26 days of heavy rains, thunder and micro bursts to boot out of 30 days in June. Not many are boating this summer, what summer?

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Are you Georgia Boaters battling flood like conditions this year? I am on the north Lake Erie lakeshore and what as once 20 feet of beach is 3 feet underwater. They say if they lower Erie by 1/4" or Lake Ontario by the same Toronto and Montreal will be under 3' of water. The water level in the Welland canal has reached the top of the channel walls. We had 26 days of heavy rains, thunder and micro bursts to boot out of 30 days in June. Not many are boating this summer, what summer?

Old Ironmaker, No our lake level is right where it should be, as a matter of fact, it's higher than normal for this time of year. The Corp. drains our lake to feed the snails down in Florida Bay.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Come on out to the Blockhouse Ramp Sat. Sept. 2nd. The Coast Guard Aux will be giving Free Vessel Safety Checks.

astriperguy

Recruit
I got a kick out of reading these posts. Sounds like my girlfriend and I trying to make plans. We just seem to always miss one another. Haha. I need to try Toona one day. I just live a little closer to lanier.

tonyjh63

Petty Officer 1st Class
Getting to be about that time...who's hitting the water soon, and when?

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Weekends at Blockhouse have been busy, so we been going on Wed. Easy in and out.

tonyjh63

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone on here going out today? I'm planning on getting out there this afternoon...