Lake Powell, November 2013

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer
I finally got around to editing some footage of the final trip of 2013. The weather quickly turned on us and after finding our campsite burned down, it was a mad scramble to get off the lake about 15 miles up from the marina in rough water and heavy winds.

Fun trip though!

Lake Powell, November 2013-Tame Impala - YouTube

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Lake Powell, November 2013

Boy that water sure did kick up around the 3:00 mark.:eek:

Just read your story, what a trip to remember.:)

I've been to Powell twice, both time where eventful enough to remember while learning new things in order to make it back home safely.... minus a camp fire.:D

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

The valet boat service put us in the water and we cruised to the marina for some pizza and a beer.
I haven't been boating in the right lakes don't remember seeing or hearing of this kind of service . Did your launch get hoisted in the waters edge ?

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

It is awesome! I throw all my stuff in the boat, they hook up to my trailer and drop us in the water! On the way in I call or get them on the radio and they are waiting with the trailer at the ramp. They always back the trailer too deep but it is totally protected water and super easy to drive on. Gone are the days off my wife having to park the truck and trailer and walk back down the ramp to the courtesy dock. Totally worth it for $25 round trip!