Mobile to Tampa advice

Junky@rddog

Recruit
I have a 26' World Cat with twin Honda's . I want to go from Mobile to Tampa can I follow the coast? Someone told me I had to go straight because of the depth along the coast, is this true?:

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Mobile to Tampa advice

I would also recomend asking this question at sailnet.com I realize you don't have a sailboat but they have a lot of cruisers there who have done that trip and could give you good information. look in or ask in the destinations section

agallant80

Commander

You are looking at about 322Km vs 380Km following the coast. I would make the straight off shore run. You can stay at good speed, not worry about things under the water, not worry about channls, no wake, shorter etc.

sasto

Captain

Gotta go the coast. You don't carry enough fuel to make that trip. Sure!......you can hug the coast in that vessel. Maybe stick your nose out at Panama City an' head to Crystal River?

DodgeAddict

Recruit

I'm doing a 26' Twin Vee & if you can't ride the coast you had better pull it out of the water, now you can't cross under the bridge at Dauphin Island going towards Fowl river You will go aground there I have in my old jet boat the rest of the coast you can do