Calling All Ontario Members

CraigBarnard

Petty Officer 1st Class
I watched Power Boat Television this morning and they said that for 2017 there will be no lockage fees on the Trent Severn..
Might do some more travel than usual this summer.

wrench 3

Commander
It's part of Parks Canada's 150th celebration. The camping's free also. I think the parks are going to be busier than the locks. Still it will be nice not to have to pay for a seasons pass.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
I watched Power Boat Television this morning and they said that for 2017 there will be no lockage fees on the Trent Severn..
Might do some more travel than usual this summer.

Thanks Craig for posting this. I didn't expect free lockage when they earlier announced the Parks Canada celebrations. That's good news, though I wish they could have applied the financial gain as reduced costs of lockage over an indefinite number of seasons. I guess it does fit the description of a "celebration" year but I'm sure there'd be a boost to boat traffic if the regular lockage fees were much lower as they are in New York State. Here's a link indicating that at this time, passes are not yet available, but you're invited to watch the link for updates. Maybe someone can post when they see that passes are available. - Grandad
http://www.commandesparcs-parksorde...16871&pageView=grid&langId=-1&catalogId=53407

LaBomba

Cadet
Thanks Craig for posting this. I didn't expect free lockage when they earlier announced the Parks Canada celebrations. That's good news, though I wish they could have applied the financial gain as reduced costs of lockage over an indefinite number of seasons. I guess it does fit the description of a "celebration" year but I'm sure there'd be a boost to boat traffic if the regular lockage fees were much lower as they are in New York State. Here's a link indicating that at this time, passes are not yet available, but you're invited to watch the link for updates. Maybe someone can post when they see that passes are available. - Grandad
http://www.commandesparcs-parksorde...16871&pageView=grid&langId=-1&catalogId=53407

They are out now, we got ours at the Toronto Boat Show.

canuckmark

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I know this is way late into the thread, but I ordered mine online today...all good. Honestly I think it's gonna be nuts at the locks but hey, free is free.

It will be nice to launch at Bass Lake Prov Park for free though (assuming day passes at the parks is part of the 150)...that is a very nice launch for small to medium sized boats.

canuckmark

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Darn, scratch my previous post regarding Bass Lake. The free parks pass only applies to national parks, not provincial.

wrench 3

Commander
Darn, scratch my previous post regarding Bass Lake. The free parks pass only applies to national parks, not provincial.

They're going to get you one way or the other.
I was all exited about free boating and then discovered that it's still going to cost us $23 to tie up for the night.

BigMikey86

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looks like I'm resurrecting this thread a little bit guys. I just saw this link in Grandad signature. I'll go with his template.

Year and model of boat you currently have, its length and engine size and type (or sailboats)

1968 StarCraft Sprint-V 15ft (Still being restore) with a 1996 Evinrude 50HP on the back

Your residence locality (not your street address)

Toronto (West end)

Where do you boat and when/how often?

At the moment I'm forced to be a first mate rather than a captain, but I frequent Lake Ontario, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Georgian Bay, Lake Simcoe, pretty much anywhere that trout and salmon swim around.

Do you trailer boat or have a marina or cottage slip?
Trailer boat

What do you use your boat for: Fishing, skiing, travel, a day out with the kids?

Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing annnnnnd more Fishing

Plans & dreams for future boats and future voyages.

Considering I've been rebuilding this for 4 years, this boat is my past present and future at the moment

Did you/do you build or rebuild your own boat?

First boat build, but I've been into mechanics my whole life, from building race cars to importing Japanese exotics (cars that is)

Your boating history - when you started, where, what adventures you've had.

My dad has a 1991 SeaRay 230 which was fun. It had a 5.7 High Output with a high performance prop downstairs which got the boat going. My love for fishing has expanded into boat building.

I'd love to meet some of you and I'm usually available to help flip a boat or lend a hand.

JimiT

Cadet
Not a lot of new activity here, but I'll add my info.
Currently have a 2004 Lund Mr. Pike 18, powered by an F150 4 stroke Yam. 8hp 4 stroke Yam. kicker.
Dual Humminbird 1199 sonars. 12' Talon Power pole. Minn Kota 101lb. Fortrex.

also have a 14' Naden aluminum with a 20hp Mariner.
I'm up in Sudbury.
boats are for fishing, and a little tubing. I've a trailer at a marina in Britt, so most of my time is on Georgian Bay.

The Lund is gonna need some work in the spring, so I'll have a project.
I grew up at a tourist camp on Lake Nippissing in Sturgeon Falls. We had 16' Geisler cedar strips, man, a lot of maintenance in the spring, sanding and re-varnishing.
I hope to get in a lot of fishing next summer and some exploring on the Bay.

Doh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ontario is a pretty Big Place. If I left Now to drive to most of you, I wouldn't get there until tomorrow this time.

That being said, I run Rainy Lake (one of the only places were you can stand in Canada, look North and see the Continental US)

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Looks like a bautiful place, Doh. We also boat/fish in an area where the US is north of Canada. I find that quite interesting, thanks for sharing. US north of Canada.png

Attachments

• US north of Canada.png
    US north of Canada.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 1

wrench 3

Commander
I guess this is an update to my information.
We moved off of the Trent system last winter (to get closer to the grand kids) and are now boating out of Port Rowan on Long Point Bay, Lake Eire.
There are quite a lot of large marinas in the area but I can't find anyone online that's doing any thing more than fishing around there.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Is that boat named----- ----" Big D##k "---- still there in Port Rowan harbour?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I remember seeing it.---Searched on google and apparently the owner has passed on.

The Force power

Commander
located in the tip of the Bruce peninsula, on my left lake Huron on my right Georgian Bay (both lake as unpredictable as the wife)