St. Johns River,Fl. cruise

robert graham

Admiral
Well, tomorrow AM the wife and I gonna drag the boat to Welaka, Fl. for our yearly 6 day cruise down the St Johns River, from there to Sanford and back is about as close to heaven as I've seen, we camp on the boat, check out the wildlife and gators, maybe have a beer or 2 with some P-nuts. I don't know how good it gets, but it's good enough for us river rats. Talk back with you folks on the May 9th, and if not, then guess we 'uns be in the belly of a gator!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: St. Johns River,Fl. cruise

Some of that trip is beautiful Old Florida. That is how it looked 200 years ago when the paddle wheelers were coming down the St. Johns for lumber, citrus, and cane sugar. We always look forward to our two long cruises each year. We run the entire length of the St. Johns, from the Jacksonville inlet all the way to my home berth in Lake Monroe.

Best of luck on your trip. Stay safe and have a great time!!

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy.

HMT

Cadet

Do you know of any real nice RV Campgrounds on the St. Johns river or the chain of lakes we are looking for large lots and a upscale RV Park.

robert graham

Admiral

Nice looking RV park about 3 miles below Astor...good ramp for boats,etc....right in the middle of the prettiest part of St. Johns River.
Several others up and down the river, but that one looks like a darn nice place...can't recall the name of it, but it'll be on the map!...

kfa4303

Banned

Hope y'all are having a great trip Robert. Happy Holiday boating!

P.S.
Y'all snuggle up and stay warm on the water. It's been cold up here in N.FL the last couple nights!

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, it's quite chilly up here in north Florida right now. Robert started this thread back in April 2011 so I'm thinking that he's not boating here right now. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all!

Danny