calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant
just wanted to see how many iboaters cruise there boats on lake mead here in nevada and arizona.Tell me and everyone else about yourself and your boating activities.Me, im building my boat right now,should be ready by spring.I always launch at calville bay and fish,camp and explore this area well now for over 20yrs.Man i love my dog too.

My awesome dog is gone now, i will miss her!!updated on 9/30/2013

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3702.JPG
    IMG_3702.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 1
  • camping 2010 023.jpg
    camping 2010 023.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1
  • camping 2010 009.jpg
    camping 2010 009.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 1
  • fourwinns horizon 001.jpg
    fourwinns horizon 001.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

I moved this over to Boating Activities Jacob. Kind of where we keep these type threads. This summer was the first in a long time that I did not cruise Mead. We hang mostly at Havasu, but the entire family missed Mead terribly, but it just didn't work out . . . :(

There are many Mead threads here. I've posted a a lot in them with favorite coves etc. There are about 10 of us that usually respond to Mead threads. Stay tuned, they'll come out of the woodwork . . . :)

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

wont be me this winter.

jill spent my mead budget on moving her 310 into a covered slip. $180 more a month.

if i do manage to get the 230 down there it wont be for the 3 months i normally spend at lake mead marina.

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

We have a fisher 180 fish and run Lake Mead year round. Mostly on mondays as I have sunday and monday off. (motorcycle dealership) Our boat is the CAREVEL and we mostly use it for fishing. We were putting in at boulder harbor, but since it closed due to low water levels, we now launch at hemmenway. If you see us out on the lake, come along side and we'll show you the modifications we made. Some of them may be useful for any type of boat. Can't miss us; carevel lettering looks like an old sailing ship.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

cool, thanks for responding! I also love fishing at mead and have been boating there since 1990. I know where the big horn sheep are and the donkeys and even owls so big they will make your eyes look small.I have several coyote friends there that i met when they moved las vegas bay to its new location.And as far as the fishn im the man!!!!Stripers,large mouth and everything between i know the structure and patterns.I would love to see your boat and check out what you have done.Mine is undergoing a make over you can find it in my blogs.Im also a W.F.N. ambassador(north west) on lake mead for the highest rated fishing channel.hit me back!

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

wont be me this winter.

jill spent my mead budget on moving her 310 into a covered slip. $180 more a month.

if i do manage to get the 230 down there it wont be for the 3 months i normally spend at lake mead marina.

let me know if i can help!

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

We have a fisher 180 fish and run Lake Mead year round. Mostly on mondays as I have sunday and monday off. (motorcycle dealership) Our boat is the CAREVEL and we mostly use it for fishing. We were putting in at boulder harbor, but since it closed due to low water levels, we now launch at hemmenway. If you see us out on the lake, come along side and we'll show you the modifications we made. Some of them may be useful for any type of boat. Can't miss us; carevel lettering looks like an old sailing ship.

i replied to your blog,check it out lake mead boaters!

Sheyd

Recruit

I keep my 26 in san diego but i fish willow beach (backside of the dam) at least every other week. Nice stripers down there and trout stocked every fri morn all year round.

fishrdan

Admiral

I haven't been to Mead much the past few years, but did get out there with the family 3 times this year, swimming, fishing, sleep on the boat or camp out. We go out of Echo Bay and it's drying up pretty bad with the low lake level. All of my old fishing hot-spots are all 30' up on shore now...

Like Sheyd, my stomping grounds is Willow Beach / Lake Mohave. I'm Usually down there a couple times a month chasing big stripers,,, if I can.

What's up with the boat rebuild?

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

I haven't been to Mead much the past few years, but did get out there with the family 3 times this year, swimming, fishing, sleep on the boat or camp out. We go out of Echo Bay and it's drying up pretty bad with the low lake level. All of my old fishing hot-spots are all 30' up on shore now...

Like Sheyd, my stomping grounds is Willow Beach / Lake Mohave. I'm Usually down there a couple times a month chasing big stripers,,, if I can.

What's up with the boat rebuild?

echo bay is awesome!,me and my brother go there once a year for 2 days for fishing and camping.we like the darkness there and the donkeys are everywhere!Im rebuilding a 1971 atarcraft center console now the blogs are on stripersonline if you wish to see them.search 1971 starcraft in forums if you want to see the build up!

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Im a DieHard Echo Bay fan as well. been going there exclusively for 18 yrs now. Only made it out 3 times this year, but went 13 times the year before. hopefully 2011 will work out better. I hope the hotel opens back up soon, thats our main reason for going. gets the little ones out of the heat for a while. I have gone to Calville a few times the past couple years and it looks like they take care of the place well. I got a negative opinion one day waiting over 1 hr to retrieve though. but that was at the old launch ramp, i guess they have a new one now. I need to explore more, but its hard when i can just go right back to where im comfortable.

Good to see a new local on here! Let me know if you ever need anything, ill try to help.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Im a DieHard Echo Bay fan as well. been going there exclusively for 18 yrs now. Only made it out 3 times this year, but went 13 times the year before. hopefully 2011 will work out better. I hope the hotel opens back up soon, thats our main reason for going. gets the little ones out of the heat for a while. I have gone to Calville a few times the past couple years and it looks like they take care of the place well. I got a negative opinion one day waiting over 1 hr to retrieve though. but that was at the old launch ramp, i guess they have a new one now. I need to explore more, but its hard when i can just go right back to where im comfortable.

Good to see a new local on here! Let me know if you ever need anything, ill try to help.

echo bay is awesome!been taking my 2 day camping trips there for 3yrs now,once we went there and it was so hot that we burned up in a matter of hours and had to stay in the lodge there to cool off.I once went bike riding there while we were staying at the campground and i left when it was daylight,but as i returned it was so dark that i was scared to ride through the campground loop with no lights on bike,there were donkeys everywhere and i couldnt see one foot in front of me,fearing that id run into a angry donkey i got off bike and walked with hand in front of face to my spot.As for calville its new launch ramp is awesome too,no more big hill to walk up!!!!!fishing there is great!oh ya i caught 34 stripers at echo bay last yr in a matter of 30minutes!i will never forget that memory!comfortable is good,but i like to explore new things and it is always worth it! same too you if you need anything im always there for you too bro! your boat looks familiar to me imsure you have seen me there if not once than twice!i usto have a older red ranger bass boat.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
I do remember quite a few boats from over the years that we have seen there several times.... I like your center console, I always thought it would be cool to have one for a while. QC is good at knowing the lake and river like the back of his hand, thats for sure! provides lots of good info on just about any area. ive been meaning to meet up with at least one of u guys out there but it hasnt happened yet. Jaxnjill goes to echo sometimes also.
Echo built a new launch ramp last year to accomodate the low water levels, dont know if you made it out there since then. its nice, but it too seems kinda temporary unless they move the marina to the north a bit which they were talking about also.

fishrdan

Admiral

Echo built a new launch ramp last year to accomodate the low water levels, dont know if you made it out there since then. its nice, but it too seems kinda temporary unless they move the marina to the north a bit which they were talking about also.

Is that the temp ramp along the south side of Echo Bay or something different? Last I was out there (july???) they had a temp ramp with steel mats and 1/2 mile of dirt road to the parking lot. It would be nice to see that change.

I hope the lake comes up a bit and Echo turns around. Kind of a shame to have that new road and repaved parking lots with no traffic going out there. Though,,, that's what I like(d) about Echo, not a lot of people went out there.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Is that the temp ramp along the south side of Echo Bay or something different? Last I was out there (july???) they had a temp ramp with steel mats and 1/2 mile of dirt road to the parking lot. It would be nice to see that change.

I hope the lake comes up a bit and Echo turns around. Kind of a shame to have that new road and repaved parking lots with no traffic going out there. Though,,, that's what I like(d) about Echo, not a lot of people went out there.

yep that sounds like it. And they had golf carts to shuttle you back and forth to the parking area. But after you launched, it was still only about 2 boat widths wide at the narrowest point leaving the marina. a little challenging when its windy and busy. You are right, its nice to see all the improvements but its baffling that after all that paving (big $$$$$), they close the hotel. Yep, not alot of people went there and thats the reason I kept going lol. for years. Even on a holiday weekend it wasnt all that bad.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

We keep the boat at Temple Bar Marina and stay in that area of the lake mostly since it's not as crowded. If you ever head over that direction, post it on here. It would be great to see another iboater there:cool:

With all the closed and temp ramps, there's good news on the horizon for all of you wanting more water elevation - along with all the rain and snow pack, which is sure to give us an extra 5 - 10 ft more than was forecast, we will be 'storing' water for Mexico since that earthquake in April damaged their irrigation systems where they use the Colorado Water they are allocated which should add another 3-5 ft. I'm hoping we pass the 1100' level before this spring:)

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Lake meads gonna fill up a little this year, cool huh! Cant wait to start fishing and cruising with the wind in my face and wildlife all around me.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

yep that sounds like it. And they had golf carts to shuttle you back and forth to the parking area. But after you launched, it was still only about 2 boat widths wide at the narrowest point leaving the marina. a little challenging when its windy and busy. You are right, its nice to see all the improvements but its baffling that after all that paving (big $$$$$), they close the hotel. Yep, not alot of people went there and thats the reason I kept going lol. for years. Even on a holiday weekend it wasnt all that bad.

the bees there are scary! dont leave soda can overnight by snack bar in boat. took me one hour 2 squirt guns and a fishing pole to clear them out of my boat in the morning.

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

the bees there are scary! dont leave soda can overnight by snack bar in boat. took me one hour 2 squirt guns and a fishing pole to clear them out of my boat in the morning.

Was that with the boat in the water or out?
Regardless, all you would have to do is take the boat for a spin, they'll find their way home.:D
Unless of course, your allergic to bee's!:eek:
You leave them alone.........They'll leave you alone for the most part.:cool:

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Was that with the boat in the water or out?
Regardless, all you would have to do is take the boat for a spin, they'll find their way home.:D
Unless of course, your allergic to bee's!:eek:
You leave them alone.........They'll leave you alone for the most part.:cool:

well, the boat was in the water overnight with 2 cans of soda left open in it! In the morning the bees covered the cans so well you couldnt even see the cans, My brother is allergic to them and would have needed a flight for life if they stung him,Im tellin you man, you wouldnt of even thought of gettin in the boat if you saw them! As far as leave them alone they leave you alone there was no such thing! With my mega load squirt gun and fishn pole to remove the cans they were a good fight but i never got stung LOL. Thank god they werent the africanized bees or they would have kicked my butt.As i drove down the dock with bees in tow my bro waited at the end of dock then we put the horse power on.The next morning at campground the bees still knew my boat and were investigating seriously.We set cans in the far away desert to keep them at bay!:rolleyes::eek::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.