calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

Yeah, I think that whole deal with the Winged dudes etc. is weird. It would be very hard to commission something like that today on any Government project.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

kinda looks like a old dog to me,from the front,or a preahistoric fish from your red outlined photo.

Yea, my outline needed some help, but you do have a good imagination and you need one to see the 'ol guy. Most people have a hard time when we point him out, so I have the cropped version hanging up in the trailer to help them out. :cool:

fishrdan

Admiral

kinda looks like a old dog to me,from the front,or a preahistoric fish from your red outlined photo.

We shall call him Ancient Dog Fish of Lake Mead :D

Wow, so they were into the astrology thing and astrological events when it came to the building of the dam. Almost like a superstitious thing.

Yeah, I think that whole deal with the Winged dudes etc. is weird.

I though it's a bit over the top too, friggin weird stuff all over the place. How do zodiac symbols, the winged people, or constellations in the concrete (your right there Skiya) have anything to do with the dam? Kind of interesting to look at, but weird for sure.

It would be very hard to commission something like that today on any Government project.

You would think so, but... There are huge concrete turtles, iron donkeys, big horn sheep and horses all over the freeways out here now. That and some fake petroglyphs cast into the freeway exit depicting some ancient people doing, well, "it" :eek: (that's out on the 215 by RedRock). Weird stuff for sure....

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

That and some fake petroglyphs cast into the freeway exit depicting some ancient people doing, well, "it" :eek: (that's out on the 215 by RedRock). Weird stuff for sure....

Really? Now that's funny. Ummmm...got any pics? LOL :D

sam60

Captain

That and some fake petroglyphs cast into the freeway exit depicting some ancient people doing, well, "it" :eek: (that's out on the 215 by RedRock). Weird stuff for sure....

I see those all of the time and think the same thing...UHH, shame on you Dan:D

fishrdan

Admiral

I looked around and couldn't find it, even google earth's street view showed the fake petroglyphs too blurry to make anything out. It looks something like these, but in a different position.......

wlvbelt1.jpg

fishrdan

Admiral

I see those all of the time and think the same thing...UHH, shame on you Dan:D

So it's just not me that thinks that one looks inappropriate, eh? (I'm tryin' to be discrete... :D :facepalm:)

Oh yeah 12V, even if I found it, I probably couldn't post it... :eek:

sam60

Captain

So it's just not me that thinks that one looks inappropriate, eh? (I'm tryin' to be discrete... :D :facepalm:)

Oh yeah 12V, even if I found it, I probably couldn't post it... :eek:

I have spent more time searching for the beltway artwork than I should have and no luck, ...so it must not be appropriate for the internet..! Was not even able to find those cool laser cut 3D wild horses. :eek:

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Once again the knights templar have eluded us in this mystery of the ??????

What word could explain all these strange things,Just trying to get into contact with one of these guys is impossible.perhaps oscar hansen was connected.

I think we better add indian somewhere to ancient dogfish fishrdan,out of respect.

sam60

Captain

Where is this? (Easy one)
NO HINTS.JPG

sam60

Captain

YEP. Did a little lunchtime recon yesterday.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

Very good jj. I haven't been to that campground for some time. Looks like it was another great day on Mead yesterday.

sam60

Captain

Very good jj. I haven't been to that campground for some time. Looks like it was another great day on Mead yesterday.

That is one steep launch ramp! I wish TBar was half of that grade. Not sure how my camera screwed this pic up...

Callville 003.JPG

NO WHINERS

Petty Officer 1st Class

So how are things looking in the lower basin? Water level and temp should be looking good...Will be launching to fish around the 18th....Thnx..Jim..

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

you could take a picture of a rock in that campgroud and ill tell you the space #,lol ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.