calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant
Re: calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

Flaming Gorge should do the trick! I've been at Temple Bar all week and it's just what
i needed to take the edge off. What a great week! I'll probably post some pics in a couple of days after I get home.

Hope you have a great trip :)

you didn't happen to run into a fellow and his wife on 320 or so sea ray. dark blue hull.

it belongs to a friend of mine and his wife form California.
he just sent me a e-mail and said they too have just gotten back from a week a temple bar . he has his boat slipped there and has been trying to get us to slip out there.

he said the lake was coming up three to four inches day while they were there

fishrdan

Admiral

My flogger is broken, but my plank is set in position, arrr!

Keel hauling is the preferred punishment at Mead, you have to find a mussel infested hull to make it worth while though. :D

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

Keel hauling is the preferred punishment at Mead, you have to find a mussel infested hull to make it worth while though. :D

hope its not a blow boat with a deep keel:eek::eek:

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Listen swab,we will make you fish out nude beach. Not too bad early before they awake.Theres some lunkers in there lol (seriously).:facepalm::facepalm:

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

For all you bass boys, theres loads of smallmouths just outside the calville marina on both sides, 4lb biggest one yet. Im using a storm swimbait real early, or late in the day.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

you didn't happen to run into a fellow and his wife on 320 or so sea ray. dark blue hull.

it belongs to a friend of mine and his wife form California.
he just sent me a e-mail and said they too have just gotten back from a week a temple bar . he has his boat slipped there and has been trying to get us to slip out there.

he said the lake was coming up three to four inches day while they were there

I saw a Sea Ray over by Mushroom that could have been them. It was pretty crowded in there, including a houseboat that looked like it was set up for a live band on top.

We never stayed on the same beach 2 days in a row. Instead, we opted for checking out some places we hadn't been in a while. We went up to Hualipai and Sandy Point, the Gypsum Bays, and even took a run up to Wishing Well on Thursday but no one was there to our amazement so our kids jumped off the rocks. There was a nice beach also back in Debbie's Cove which made a nice take-off point for wakeboarding the Virgin Basin. We had some beautiful weather.

We beached with some friends out of Calville that have a Sea Ray 500 who live in Ca as well. They're on the waiting list for a covered slip at T-Bar since we finally got diesel!

Your friend's right on about the lake level. It went up well over a foot while we were there

fishrdan

Admiral

Listen swab,we will make you fish out nude beach. Not too bad early before they awake.Theres some lunkers in there lol (seriously).:facepalm::facepalm:

I fished nude beach once.... On Lake Mohave though. I slowly and quietly trolled by as a couple of senior citizen nude sun bathers were milling around on a secluded beach, I'm scarred for life....

QC

Supreme Mariner

:eek: That's a new record striper for Mead, isn't it?

The article said the weight was not official. Odd to me since it was in a tournament . . . :confused:

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

I fished nude beach once.... On Lake Mohave though. I slowly and quietly trolled by as a couple of senior citizen nude sun bathers were milling around on a secluded beach, I'm scarred for life....

The one at lake mead has some big bass, found them one day by accident, i was trying new spots when i came across this secluded cove with a sail boat in it and a couple of vehicles,to my surprise there were big bass swimming between the grass areas,the sun was just rising and thats when i noticed some guy by his van cleaning some pots and pans, when i realized he was swingin around.After catching two of the bass, the sailboat people awoke and came outside and they too were nude.Then they started screaming that i couldnt be there unless i was naked, so i stripped down to my under shorts but that wasnt good enough so i said time to go.The girls were all fat and ugly and the guys all seemed gay,not my kinda party.I still sneak in there once in a while to catch those hogs,fish that is.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

We're rockin!

Bureau of Reclamation- Lower Colorado Region_1310398332942.png

Lakemeadan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The one at lake mead has some big bass, found them one day by accident, i was trying new spots when i came across this secluded cove with a sail boat in it and a couple of vehicles,to my surprise there were big bass swimming between the grass areas,the sun was just rising and thats when i noticed some guy by his van cleaning some pots and pans, when i realized he was swingin around.After catching two of the bass, the sailboat people awoke and came outside and they too were nude.Then they started screaming that i couldnt be there unless i was naked, so i stripped down to my under shorts but that wasnt good enough so i said time to go.The girls were all fat and ugly and the guys all seemed gay,not my kinda party.I still sneak in there once in a while to catch those hogs,fish that is.

I would've replied "Sorry Fellas, but I'm a Little Handicapped". Anchor the boat, put a hadicap placard up, drink some beer and watch the girls get pretty.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

drink some beer and watch the girls get pretty.

haha!
mhihi1.gif

....oh wait..
pukel.gif

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

Posted 4 hours ago: National Park Service - Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Temple Bar Marina waterside services closed due to storm damage. No boat fuel or sewage pumpout. Marina 1 cover dock is closed. Services expected to be restored by next week. Telephone service at Temple Bar is currently out.

I heard Calville had some dock damage as well

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

For hyper correctness fans the world over, it's Katherine Landing. I don't know why there is no apostrophe and s, but there isn't. I guess it's named after "Katherine", but it's not hers . . . :confused:.

You got my curiosity up with that!

Here's the answer:
Katherine Landing History

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

Just some of the boats that did not make it back to Calville Bay Marina due to very high winds and swells over the 4th of July weekend. All these people had was their iPhone so the image quaility is not great. Other boats sank but were completely under water.

Hard to believe, because the weather wasn't anything like this over at T-Bar. We did get some bad weather this last Saturday and apparently today, but not over the 4th.

Carnage from the high winds over the weekend, July 4, 2011_1310433339312.jpg

Carnage from the high winds over the weekend, July 4, 2011_1310433362376.jpg

Carnage from the high winds over the weekend, July 4, 2011_1310433317241.jpg

Carnage from the high winds over the weekend, July 4, 2011_1310433295730.jpg

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Just some of the boats that did not make it back to Calville Bay Marina due to very high winds and swells over the 4th of July weekend. All these people had was their iPhone so the image quaility is not great. Other boats sank but were completely under water.

Hard to believe, because the weather wasn't anything like this over at T-Bar. We did get some bad weather this last Saturday and apparently today, but not over the 4th.

View attachment 102516

View attachment 102515

View attachment 102517

View attachment 102518

man thoses boys got hit hard.cant imagine what would have done that and what they were doing to try to avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.