Conowingo lake

03silvers

Seaman Apprentice
The lower Susquehanna thread was mostly about lake Clarke not too much info on conowingo.
Lake clarke is a little to small and i know conowingo is bigger. My questions are where are boat ramps on the york county side? Is there good parking? How is it depth wise? The lake conowingo website doesn't offer much. Hoping to get out there and into the bay this year as well. Thanks in advance for any info!

skargo

Banned
Re: Conowingo lake

I'm only aware of the ramps on the western, MD(Harford county) side, and one on the eastern, MD(Cecil county) side.
I drive over the dam all the time. I launch south of the dam and spend my time in the upper Chesapeake though.

Just remember when fishing, even if licensed in PA you must adhere to MD's fishing regs unless you are fishing from PA shore or in PA streams.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Conowingo lake

Sorry I just found this one. I've boated on Conowingo my whole life. There are two ramps that being from Red Lion you may consider. One is the Peach Bottom ramp and the other is the Cold Cabin park ramp. The Peach Bottom ramp is very wide but pretty steep. You'll want 4WD for it. There is a good amount of parking. The Cold Cabin ramp is a narrow, crappy ramp but it is not steep. It's in a crappy "park" with not a ton of room but there should be room for you to park your tow vehicle and trailer. The big benefit to this ramp is NO ONE USES IT!!! except kayakers.

On google maps:
39.766113,-76.271995 is the Peach Bottom ramp
39.779079,-76.288272 is the Cold Cabin ramp