Have Any Lakes or Rivers Banned Wakeboarding?

CATransplant

Admiral
I'm just curious if anyone knows of a local lake near where they live that used to allow wakeboarding but has now banned it.

Re: Have Any Lakes or Rivers Banned Wakeboarding?

I don't know of any.. Just curious though, why are you asking?

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

He's probably hoping to have a peaceful day on the river rather then listening to rap crap all day.

CATransplant

Admiral

I don't know of any.. Just curious though, why are you asking?

Just curious. There was a thread on loud stereos in another area, and it always seems that the loud stereos are on wakeboarding boats. The large wakes created by them also have the potential to damage shorelines and make the water unusable for others.

So, I'm just curious if any lakes have banned them.

yeah I don't care what music other people are playing, i really don't have any desire to hear it.. my stereo is too weak to bother other people.. ;)

I also like to ski, but I don't do anything to my boat to purposely increase the size of wake...

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

(disclaimer, i wakeboard in a boat with up to 1500 pounds of potential water ballast)

I agree though, I've seen what the wake can do from a careless individual driving ANY boat. Wake boats have the potential to put out a huge wake, but almost any boat does if you drive half on plane plowing water. A small cabin cruiser (24-28 ft) will easily outdo an under 20 ft wake boat if it wants to. Given a responsible captain it is perfectly safe and no more destructive than any other type of boating.

I doubt there are any specific wakeboard exclusions, but there are horsepower/speed/size limitations in some areas. Make it fair for everyone at least that way, as well as having a better chance of fixing the problem.