what is the largest boating community???

Five O'Clock

Petty Officer 1st Class
What would you all say is the largest boating community on the east coast (including the west coast of Florida)???

When I say boating community I mean most marinas, most boats, most restaurants/bars/shopping centers you can dock at and hop off for some activites.

I would have to think it must be somewhere in Florida where it's boat season virtually 12 months a year.

skargo

Banned
Re: what is the largest boating community???

Chesapeake bay? The shoreline of the bay and it's tidal tributaries is almost 12K miles!
I understand per capita though, Arizona has more boats.

Of course, doing an internet search they say it's Michigan, California, Florida, Minnesota, Texas, Pa, etc, etc, etc.

capt sam

Master Chief Petty Officer

Fla has around 1 million registered vessels, I believe that's the most in the US. Any coastal town could be considered a boating community here, everyone I know has a boat of some kind, mostly fishing. I have friends in the Keys that own a boat but don't own a car.

Five O'Clock

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: what is the largest boating community/destination???

maybe i should semi-re-phrase it, maybe what is the largest, most popular boating destination on the east coast, per capita

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

maybe i should semi-re-phrase it, maybe what is the largest, most popular boating destination on the east coast, per capita

I would have to through the Bass Islands out in Lake Erie in the debat. I know They have more then San Fran. It was a Fun fact I learned last summer on part of a tour of the Islands.

capt sam

Master Chief Petty Officer

I googled it but nothing really came up, if you mean a developed community dedicated to boaters, I can't think of any.