courd alaine ID

jmr12

Cadet
My son is doing an internship on a private golf course in courd alaine ID. Does anyone out there have a suggestion on where we can camp and boat?? We pull the boat with a Motor Home, 30 ft the boat is 20 ft. I have been looking on the web, but can't seem to get the info I need.
Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: courd alaine ID

Howdy!

Welcome to iboats. :)

Google "Coeur d' Alene", jmr. That should get you started.

MapQuest can guide you to camping and parks.

The net is pretty fussy about spelling.

tacconelli6

Seaman Apprentice

Hello- I am from the Coeur D'Alene area. If you google KOA in Coeur d'Alene there is a camp ground that is RV friendly to your size. and the boat launch is just a 1/4 mile up the road to drop in. The KOA is off Exit 17 I-90 W . It is the Harrison Exit and the highway is 97. This is right off of the highway and easy to get around. It is set up for large RVs and is close to town.

We prefer Lake Pend O'Rielle. it is North of CDA about a half hour. Do a Google search of Farragut state park. This place is where I would recommend, We spend evey available minute on this lake. Lake CDA is beautiful, but, it is like a highway, tons of traffic and waves.

You will want to reserve a spot at Farragut for sure. This is something that you cannot miss. Even if you only go there for a weekend it is worth the time spent.

What Golf course is your son working?

Good luck, Peter

jmr12

Cadet

Peter
Thanks for the info. We will be sure to check out Farragut St. Park.
He is working on a private course. Black Rock I think.

tacconelli6

Seaman Apprentice

Peter
Thanks for the info. We will be sure to check out Farragut St. Park.
He is working on a private course. Black Rock I think.

OK Black Rock. I built a few homes on that course. Very nice! There is a nice RV park off of US -95 right on the way out to B.R. that would also be very convenient also a boat launch across the street form it to get onto lake CDA. I will get the name and # for you here in a minute.

tacconelli6

Seaman Apprentice

Blackwell Island RV Park. 800 S. Marina Drive, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814.
Phone: 208-665-1300; Toll-free: 1-888-571-2900; Fax: 208-667-5853.

This one is closest to Black Rock and is very easy to navigate, also right in town for easy access to food and events.

Check out this link and if you have questions on any of them just ask and I will help.
http://www.gonorthwest.com/idaho/north/coeur_d'alene/campgrounds.htm

jmr12

Cadet

Thanks for the information. My son is going to school at AZ State U. He is moving to Idaho for the summer. I Google Earthed the golf course. Looks like a nice place. Planning on visiting him this summer. We live in Montana on the east side of the Mountains.

tacconelli6

Seaman Apprentice

Hope you have a good time. that continental divide is a pretty long pull, but it is manageable. I have hauled my sundancer 300 over the divide with my Excursion with no problems. I hope you all have a great time.