Lake Hopatcong...

Ned L

Commander
Re: Lake Hopatcong...

Haven't been on that lake in 30 yrs. Back then it was pretty bouncy & stirred up from all the boats on the small lake.

HighLineCBR

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I used to boa there a lot. Last year switched to Greenwood Lake. Hated Greenwood, round lake with no excitement.

going back to Lake Hopatcong this season. Rented a slip and cant wait to drop my boat in.

HollaGeo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to boa there a lot. Last year switched to Greenwood Lake. Hated Greenwood, round lake with no excitement.

going back to Lake Hopatcong this season. Rented a slip and cant wait to drop my boat in.

I heard horror stories about that lake. People driving drunk, to much boat traffic, etc. What's the deal? How's the crowd? General thoughts...

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

I go there pretty regularly when to lazy to make the tow down to ocean. It can get crowded at peak times on weekends. Definitely are some times when I'm not comfortable letting my 6 year old in the tube because of the traffic around but its not horrible all the time.

Ned's right about a good chop getting worked up in the afternoon from all the traffic.

I much prefer going down to Atlantic Highlands and fishing but for a short trip its pretty convenient for me (about 25 miles) and I wouldnt not go because of the crowds.