The Florida Panhandle

Gulfcoasters

Seaman Apprentice
Even with the hurricanes, sand fleas and 99% humidity, this is a pretty neat place to be...

Last summer August 12th, an average day on the Gulf Island National Sea Shore, Perdido Key, FL

IMG_0307.sized.jpg

6am on a Saturday morning last September, surrounded by Sea Rays...

boat_1.sized.jpg

The day after Thanksgiving. Beachcombing...

IMG_0136.sized.jpg

And finally the greatest show on earth, The Blue Angels Pensacola Beach Show

IMG_0341_001.sized.jpg

You will never know what you are missing unless you come to see it for yourself.

tsha222

Cadet
Re: The Florida Panhandle

Yes indeed. Miles of beautiful beaches, nice quite spots, rivers - I love living and boating in the panhandle. Ditto on the Blues shows. You haven't lived until one of those jets roars right over your boat. I'm proud to say, too, in 2006 I had the extreme privilege of redesigning and installing the audio and video systems in the Blue Angels ready room on base. It's warming up down here - can't wait to get out on the water and looking forward to this years Blues beach show. Great pictures, btw.

Chris

Gulfcoasters

Seaman Apprentice

Chris

We usually hang out at Ft. McRee. Look us up next time you are out there

tsha222

Cadet

I'll do that. We like to anchor on the other side of "sugar island" (that's what we call it anyway. If you are cruising from Fort Pickens, you cross the pass, then you go way on around to the other side of the island. There's some really deep water and it is usually nice and calm, like glass, for overnights. You can still hear the crashing waves on the Gulf side so it puts us right to sleep. Our advertised draft is 3' but with diesels weighing more that the gas engines and the auxillary fresh water tank we installed, it seems to sit a little lower. The last time we anchored near the pass in front of Fort McRee, we had to move cause we were rubbing the bottom. That was a fun night - my first night in the boat!

Gulfcoasters

Seaman Apprentice

My best spot is in the little cove in front of the concrete ramp up to the fort. Right here...

rsz_img_0143.sized.jpg

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

most of gulf coast coast is beautiful.