How many people boat on the mississippi river

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just wanted to see how many people boat on the mississippi river in alton IL or in St Charles MO?

Its also known as the Alton Pool 26

riversrme

Seaman Apprentice
Re: How many people boat on the mississippi river

Ben on the Alton Pool many times to go up the Mississippi and the Illinois River. This summer I will be putting in there to go up the Missouri. Not sure how far yet but at least to Boonville.

macsfriended

Seaman

Used to go up there occasionally in a 17' runabout and also 22.5' pontoon boat a couple of years. Usually used Pereque launch and sometimes Anchor Marina. Would run between Winfield and Venetian with occasional rides to Pere Marquette.

Had a hard time dealing with unseen wing dikes. They never quite overcame all the lovely areas. We have moved to Lake of the Ozarks. And expect to occasionally be back in Pool 26 once or twice a year.

No complaints about the river. Just wasn't quite our cup of tea for other than an occasional
change of scenery.

kaliman91

Seaman Apprentice

Just about every weekend we can we are out there. Put in at grafton public and normally hang around Iowa or 521 like most others.

stealthdrummer

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am going to give it a try sometime this summer. If I ever get my boat back together.:)

semo549

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm out there twice a week during the summer. I'm in a 77' Sea Ray srv187, I use 2 Branches ramp and mainly hangout around the beach and wakeboard through Dardenne Slough and the Illinois. Last Fall we just got a 31' Celebrity sport cruiser, we just got a slip at Lake Center Marina. Still will be trailoring the Sea Ray out to 2 branch from time to time though

I may try to get the Sea Ray out two weeks from now if the water goes down, looks like it might!