Shuswap lake get together

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Anyone want a get together this year on the shuswap lake??
When?
Were on the lake?
Whats your thoughts?

trendsetter240

Lieutenant
Re: Shuswap lake get together

I just might be interested in something like this. At least shuswap is within a days driving distance for us. Don't know much about the lake though. We rented a house boat out there when I was a kid. Haven't been back since.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I just might be interested in something like this. At least shuswap is within a days driving distance for us. Don't know much about the lake though. We rented a house boat out there when I was a kid. Haven't been back since.

coming up from the coast, put in at scotch creek provincial park, on the north shore, and the arms are just up the lake.:)
rob

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Are you going to invite the Canadian womens hocky team...they look like they'd be fun to party with.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Are you going to invite the Canadian womens hocky team...they look like they'd be fun to party with.

Think they would show up????
we definetally would have the beer!!!!:D
The shuswap lake is about 5 hours from the Blaine Wash border crossing and 2.5 from the Oroville Wash border crossing, you in??

shuswap119

Seaman

Well, we will definitly be on the Shuswap this year.:) "Scotch Creek" is the name of the campground at Shuswap Lake Provincial Park, very popular spot with a marina just around the corner.

Regards,

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Well, we will definitly be on the Shuswap this year.:) "Scotch Creek" is the name of the campground at Shuswap Lake Provincial Park, very popular spot with a marina just around the corner.

Regards,

Thanks, 40 years of saying "were going to scotch creek", forgot it actually had a real name.:D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

OK-
I am making the command decision, because no one else would. :D
May 24, Victoria day long weekend.
The lake should be almost totaly empty,
fish should still be surfacing as the water wont be to warm, but warm enough you could go for a swim if you want.
rob

Ironpig

Seaman

My folks live across the street from the beach in Sicamous, so I may try to make it. A 7 month old baby may make it difficult but it should be doable.

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

not sure if this is going to happen now... for some unknown reason rbh has been banned.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

IF any ones still interested its still on !!!!! :)

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

Thought I'd bump this up and see if there is any more interest...

Anybody know what the waters like in shushwap? Would it be safe for a 14" tinny to make this trip too?

Reason I ask is a friend of mine has one and might be interested in going.

joker650

Cadet

Just got a new 2352 Trophy....just might be able to make it.
Where can I put in the lake in 2 weeks?
Looks to be verry low.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Thought I'd bump this up and see if there is any more interest...

Anybody know what the waters like in shushwap? Would it be safe for a 14" tinny to make this trip too?

Reason I ask is a friend of mine has one and might be interested in going.

Hi guys/gals, well my thoughts are the may 24th weekend head out to the shuswap narrows. People from the west IE Vancouver side can put in at Shuswap lake provincial park (we can try Anglemont as its a little closer to the campsite).
People from the east IE Calgary side can put in at Sicamous. Both ways its a 25-30 (+-) km boat in, and since this is a big lake the weather can and does come in from all directions.
There are limited docks at the narrows.
And I think they are charging $16 and change per night.
please add your questions, and I will try my best to answer them.
Rob