What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Here are my thought.

Head out to Saguro Lake and arrive 6:00am. Ski, Swim and Tube for a few hours and head back home. Do you think I will miss the Mad rush by doing this?

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer

that is what I normally do. Get outta there before the idiots hit the water. I now go on Fridays, and dont have too much issue getting there at 9am or so, but it does start to get busy recovering. Weekends, get there early, and get gone before it gets hot enough to melt the boat.......

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

that is what I normally do. Get outta there before the idiots hit the water. I now go on Fridays, and dont have too much issue getting there at 9am or so, but it does start to get busy recovering. Weekends, get there early, and get gone before it gets hot enough to melt the boat.......

Thanks for the Replies. Now the Problem is getting the Wife and Kids up at 5:00am:eek:

ScottinAZ

Thanks for the Replies. Now the Problem is getting the Wife and Kids up at 5:00am:eek:

That is indeed part of the challenge, but everything that is worth it is some effort.

We did the same thing last year, and getting up that early is not easy. At that time though most all you will see at saguaro is the fishermen. They may give you some strange looks as you go tubing by, but I never had anyone ***** about us scaring the fish.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That is indeed part of the challenge, but everything that is worth it is some effort.

We did the same thing last year, and getting up that early is not easy. At that time though most all you will see at saguaro is the fishermen. They may give you some strange looks as you go tubing by, but I never had anyone ***** about us scaring the fish.

Getting up at 5:00am is a normal day for me.

Where is everyone heading the 4th of July Weekend. I'm thinking Roosevelt.

ScottinAZ

mine will be staying home for the 4th, I dont do holiday weekends.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That is a smart move.

I should be at the lake today instead surfing on Iboats.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Where is everyone heading the 4th of July Weekend. I'm thinking Roosevelt.
We'll be at Havasu. Fireworks there are amazing.

mine will be staying home for the 4th, I dont do holiday weekends.
If I didn't boat on Holiday weekends I'd boat a lot less, kids, school, sports work, the distance we travel all favor long weekends. Just the way it is for us . . .

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

How long does it take to get to Havasu.

ScottinAZ

If I didn't boat on Holiday weekends I'd boat a lot less, kids, school, sports work, the distance we travel all favor long weekends. Just the way it is for us . . .

I have the luxury of haviny Fridays off from school, so most are spent on the lake. I am also within an hour of the water at several lakes, so I can pick and choose a bit. Holiday weekends are too hectic for the crew, and there are too many morons on the water for us to have a good time.

MRS

Commander

How long does it take to get to Havasu.

We live about 220 miles from Havasu takes us around 3hr.s and 20min.s to be in Havasu. Hope to be on the way there in the next few weeks......

QC

Supreme Mariner

4 1/2 for me and 270 miles.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I wonder how long it takes to get to Havasu from PHX.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

google says 200 mile and 3.5 hours... they are usually pretty close...

havasu is going to be soooo crazy on the 4th of july... PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE everywhere! there is going to be at least an hour wait at the boat ramp (at least)... one thing is with all the people is a ton of beautiful women...also with all the people bring out tons of COPS!... and stupid people will be getting dui's like crazy... if you go make sure to have a DD if you drink! they will watch you with binoculars and pull you over!

it will be a great party though... no doubt about that.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I've spent the last three 4ths at Havasu, I know exactly what I'm getting into . . . . but, you only wait an hour if you can't get up in the AM. Before 9:00 AM non-issue and I'll be leaving my boat in the water.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If I dare go to havasu during the 4th the only Pretty woman I will be looking at is my Wife. :D

Were a Non Drinking Family so No DD needed.

woolznaz

Cadet

We are kind of new to the AZ boating scene, but we have really been enjoying Bartlett Lake lately. The lake has been nice and full this summer (so far) and there are so many nice coves. Roads are nice. Enough boating activity to make it fun, yet you can always find a private cove if you want to.

I may start another thread to see if we can get several Phoenix area boaters to meet up and raft up/anchor out there. If anyone is interested, see the Bartlett Lake AZ thread.

Lots of great AZ lakes. We look forward to hitting them all!

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bartlett is the only lake in the PHX area I yet to visit. Soon though.

woolznaz

Cadet

AZBD, come on out and check out Bartlett Lake. I did start the Bartlett Lake thread so it would be nice to get a few people to respond and meet up out there. It's a nice lake.

I do hope to hit Havasu sometime this summer too.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

Bartlet is one of my favorite Phoenix lakes. I tend to go there in the spring and early summer. Don't care for it much after the monsoon begins because of all the washes you have to cross. Many boaters have been stranded along the road waiting for the running washes to recede. Come to think of it, getting stranded at the lake is not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.