What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

I don't think you wimped out. Roosevelt is a little higher in elevation than the local lakes, so the water will be colder. I am usually water skiing in nothing but my swim trunks by mid-April, but it still hurts getting in. The water temps don't get really comfortable until mid-May. Glad to hear you enjoyed Roosevelt. I went to Roosevelt as a kid, but that is the only Salt River lake I still need to visit now that I have my own boat.

It felt colder at Roosevelt Lake compared to the Valley Lakes. There were Kids playing in the Water though.

Next Lake will be Pleasant than Barlet. Happy AZ Boating.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

Sarcasm is clearly not working in this thread.

well you tried.

i had to pull out of powell and am at mead for now. weather here much better.
likley wont move back to powell till first of june.

jack

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Spent the Day Yesterday "Sunday" out of Lake Pleasant. Nice Big Lake but not much for Scenery. I like Canyon lake for the Scenery. Well Going to lake Pleasent was an Easy hour and 15 minute drive. I actually water skied and it has been 10 years. The water was a little cold but not bad once you get use to it. The kids had fun tubbing.

Oh the 10 Lane Ramp is huge.

Sikboats

Cadet

AP/UPI Polls
1) Lake Powell
2) Lake Havasu
3) Lake Pleasant aka little havasu
4) All the rest

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I normally go for either Saguaro or Canyon, both are convenient for me distance wise, and being as I normally go on Fridays, I can avoid the idiots that infest the lakes on the weekends. Im in the extreme southeast valley, so I have no interest in going to Pleasant, I think Roosevelt would be about the same distance for me. Ill have to try it sometime

Begester

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to go to Saguaro, 28 miles or so from my driveway in Tempe to the boat ramp and almost every day is boatable.

Canyon is beautiful, especially on a weekday where there arent a lot of other boats. The canyons block the wind, the water is like glass, and the cliffs reflect on the water, its awesome.

Now I live in Seattle, right on the water. Yesterday was a picture perfect Washington day, 50 degrees, windy and rain!!!!!

I never went to a lake in AZ that I didnt like.

D

DJ

To be honest, I'm selling the boat. I just can't take anymore of the AZ lake rat race.

I'm a Midwesterner, go figure, an escapee. Been here 12 years.

Unless one goes to a local lake,(Saguaro, Canyon, Apache) on a weekday, forget it. Even then, there are too many knuckleheads for my liking and too little water.

I ran my boat last week on Saguaro. 6 AM Wednesday morning. There was a family of PWC riders camped out on the dock. I had two near misses with juviniles (under 12) running the Hi Po PWC's.

Enough is enough.

Sad to say.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

To be honest, I'm selling the boat. I just can't take anymore of the AZ lake rat race.

I'm a Midwesterner, go figure, an escapee. Been here 12 years.

Unless one goes to a local lake,(Saguaro, Canyon, Apache) on a weekday, forget it. Even then, there are too many knuckleheads for my liking and too little water.

I ran my boat last week on Saguaro. 6 AM Wednesday morning. There was a family of PWC riders camped out on the dock. I had two near misses with juviniles (under 12) running the Hi Po PWC's.

Enough is enough.

Sad to say.

Can I have your Boat. :D

Roosevelt is not too far. I guessing not as much traffic as Saguaro and Canyon.

Rob'Z

Recruit

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but wanted to extend an invite to Apache over Memorial Day weekend. My wife and I will be camping with my brother and his wife and a few friends. My brother is bringing his Supra wakeboard boat and we'll either have the wife's SeaDoo or my Checkmate.

starfront1.jpg

Rob

My preference is:

Apache for a weekend or more
Canyon for just a day trip
Roosevelt if I want to get sunburned from lack of shade
Saguaro if I want to idle around and overheat my motor

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but wanted to extend an invite to Apache over Memorial Day weekend. My wife and I will be camping with my brother and his wife and a few friends. My brother is bringing his Supra wakeboard boat and we'll either have the wife's SeaDoo or my Checkmate.

starfront1.jpg

Rob

My preference is:

Apache for a weekend or more
Canyon for just a day trip
Roosevelt if I want to get sunburned from lack of shade
Saguaro if I want to idle around and overheat my motor

Man, those checkmates are sweeeet!

Rob'Z

Recruit

Thanks! I love the lines of Checkmates, they look fast even parked on the trailer. I also love the fact that my '87 could be mistaken for a '97. ;) The boat's style is timeless.

Rob

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What is the Best Lake to Be on Memorial Day Weekend.

I'm Planning to go to Roosevelt because of the Size and maybe less people. :eek:

AZcamperguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good luck with that one. AZ lakes and memorial day = packed. Better get there early and if it is a pay site then I hope you already got your reservations in a while ago.

I like Canyon lake a lot because it isn't too bad for traffic. Bartlett is beautiful and fun. Saguaro is fine...... at night. It seems to be busy even on weekdays during the day and a lot of yahoos hit that lake. I typically go fishing so my perspective may be different. San Carlos is a big lake but is somewhat barren for scenery. Cool lake though. Haven't been to Rosy yet, nor Pleasant. I like to hit smaller lakes in the mountains for the summer holidays. The further you go, the less traffic. Those lakes are all HP restricted though. Hope you have a nice holiday. Being on an AZ lake in the summer is great fun. Hell, I like 'em in the winter :D

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for the Reply.

Sorta on the fence about which lake this weekend.

Bartlett or Roosevelt.

Rob'Z

Recruit

Heading out the door on my way to Apache right now!

Rob

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Enjoy. I will be leaving for Roosevelt at 1:00pm today.

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I normally go for either Saguaro or Canyon, both are convenient for me distance wise, and being as I normally go on Fridays, I can avoid the idiots that infest the lakes on the weekends. Im in the extreme southeast valley, so I have no interest in going to Pleasant, I think Roosevelt would be about the same distance for me. Ill have to try it sometime

After todays experience, I have to recant my usage of Canyon lake. The conditions there today were absolutely terrible. Lots of debris and floating logs in the water, too much for me to feel safe with running much over barely planing speed. Ran almost all the way up to the dam, and conditions definitely worsened as you got to the no wake zone at the north end of the lake. Scenery is still beautiful, but would not want to trade great scenery for a hole in the hull, or a damaged or destroyed drive anyday. Other than the crap in the water, it was a good day on the lake, relaxing as much as possible and enjoying the holiday weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.