What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzy1

Seaman
Was at Saguaro this Saturday, was beautiful out. Water little chilly still. Luckily they didn't open the damn so no issues beaching on Sandy beach.

thunder550

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Bump...new to the forum, grew up boating in AZ with my parents on their boats, sold both in 2011 and 2012 (parents are divorced, mom had a 2003 Tige 22v and dad had a 1998 Cobalt 252 with the 502 mag, rough life eh?). Missed boating a lot in the past 5 years and finally bought my own, followed my dad's footsteps into a 1995 Cobalt 252 with the 502 mag. Found a great deal on a low hour freshwater boat in Maryland, it will be delivered to me late next week. Can't wait to get back out on the water again!

MRS

Commander
Well it might be a little under powered but if you put some trim tabs on it might get on plane faster. :laugh: . Hey welcome and glad you are back on the water again what lake in AZ do you boat on we do Havasu a lot.

thunder550

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well it might be a little under powered but if you put some trim tabs on it might get on plane faster. :laugh: . Hey welcome and glad you are back on the water again what lake in AZ do you boat on we do Havasu a lot.

I hear if you raise the tabs up and down real fast it acts like flappers and that helps :laugh:

My favorite lake near town is Barlett, seems to be less busy than the other close ones, which was more important when I was trying to wakeboard. Gave that up after hurting my back, so I'd guess we'll be at Pleasant quite a bit since it's closer. I gave up on Saguaro after it got busy enough that they started staging people, not interested in sitting in a parking lot waiting for enough people to leave.

Overall, Powell takes the cake for me, I love it there. I've only been to Havasu once, but I'd like to check it out again. Have you done the Parker strip area? Never been, but thought it looked cool from the pictures I've seen. What else is good in western AZ?

MRS

Commander
Parker have not been there in years gets crazy in the summer time loved it when I was much younger and did a lot of water skiing. Havasu in October is great not much boat traffic and weather is great. Do not hit Havasu during any holiday it is crowded and crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.