What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandstorm

Cadet
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

AZBD:
I just bought a 97 Bayliner Capri. Never been to SC Lake though.

dizzy1

Seaman

Well I will vouch that Saguaro's sandy back beach is as good as it has ever been. Forgot the camera but was very entertaining between my buddies boat and the neighboring boats. :D:D:D Will say day ended rough. Guy in front leaving drove out of the park and then pulled over real fast. I then pulled out and hear POP. Guess 1 of the spikes exiting was stuck up and not going down. Took out the other guys tire and the front tire on my buddies truck. Changing a tire after a long day on the lake and figuring out that my buddies larger off road tires are too tall for the factory jack he had was not fun at all!! So watch out for those spikes, if one seems to be sticking up more than the rest stay to the other side!!

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh that stinks about the pop tires.

Did anyone notify the Marina.

dizzy1

Seaman

Didn't say anything to the Marina, it was dark and we all just wanted to get home. Hopefully nobody else encountered it too!

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cool. I hope its been fixed. Going out there this Saturday. Thanks for the heads up.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OK here we go again. Another Long weekend approaching.

Were is everyone going to be the 4th of July weekend. I may hit up Sagurao Early Saturday Morning.

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

We were on Canyon Sunday, Not too bad as the lake was never closed. We'll be on Canyon again I'm sure. The wife and kids love it?????? We tried Saguero last Sunday about 2pm, still closed with 1 hour wait, we just went to Canyon. We live right in the middle of both of them.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

AZBoatDreamer,

I saw one of your posts in another thread:
Not sure if there is places in AZ to Watch Fireworks from the Water. So the boat will be sitting in the drive way as my wife and I sit in it while the kids run around with Sparklers.

The fireworks show at Lake Pleasant returns after a 2 year layoff (see this link: http://www.pleasantharbor.com/). This fireworks display was an annual tradition until the economy tanked in 2008. The show is first class too. Unfortunately I cannot go to the fireworks show on 7/3, but in previous years the lake is empty the morning after after the fireworks. I suspect all the boaters head to the lake for the fireworks and then are done with the lake by the next day. I do recommend the fireworks display at Lake Pleasant, but expect crazy busy lines at the ramp, and you will be lucky to get home before 1 a.m. We usually wait about 1.5 hours after the fireworks conclude before even thinking about heading to the ramp, and even then the ramp is still very busy. The fireworks bring out more boats than normal and they are all trying to get off the lake at the same time. This is all being done at night, and most boaters don't have experience operating their boats at night so you do have to stay on your toes and be defensive in the operation of your boat. If you pass on the fireworks, then you will have the lake to yourself Monday morning. Since I cannot go to the fireworks Sunday evening, I will be at Lake Pleasant early on Monday morning.

dizzy1

Seaman

Plan to hit Canyon this Saturday morning and get out before 4 and the crazies show up. Kids won't to go out so hitting the beaches for sand castles and shell collecting.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

AZBoatDreamer,

I saw one of your posts in another thread:

The fireworks show at Lake Pleasant returns after a 2 year layoff (see this link: http://www.pleasantharbor.com/). This fireworks display was an annual tradition until the economy tanked in 2008. The show is first class too. Unfortunately I cannot go to the fireworks show on 7/3, but in previous years the lake is empty the morning after after the fireworks. I suspect all the boaters head to the lake for the fireworks and then are done with the lake by the next day. I do recommend the fireworks display at Lake Pleasant, but expect crazy busy lines at the ramp, and you will be lucky to get home before 1 a.m. We usually wait about 1.5 hours after the fireworks conclude before even thinking about heading to the ramp, and even then the ramp is still very busy. The fireworks bring out more boats than normal and they are all trying to get off the lake at the same time. This is all being done at night, and most boaters don't have experience operating their boats at night so you do have to stay on your toes and be defensive in the operation of your boat. If you pass on the fireworks, then you will have the lake to yourself Monday morning. Since I cannot go to the fireworks Sunday evening, I will be at Lake Pleasant early on Monday morning.

I haven't boat at night so this has me concern and not sure if we can handle the business. Not enough experience under our belts. I would like to go some day for sure.

Thank you

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

Boating at night isn't too bad, I used to do it on Friday nights after work to ensure a good spot at the ship to shore campground. Still getting used to the AZ lakes.

Fireworks on the lake sounds great! Any other lakes with known displays around the valley?

This 4th of July weekend I will probably spend pool side. I got a concert to go to on Sunday and last Sunday I went to Pleasant and still didn't catch any fish. I love boating but I need a little break. I've been going almost every weekend at least one day to Pleasant for the last month or so. Might try Canyon next time I head out.

Lakemeadan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It sure is funny not a peep out of Temple Bar boaters. There ain't no stinking lake there, stay away.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Had a Wonderful day at Sagurao Yesterday other than the kids jumping off the Ramp Dock near our Boat.

It was amazing with the Cloud coverage early in the Morning. Not very many people out due to the threating thunder storms. Left at 12:30 and that is when people started showing up. The sky was clearing up.

dizzy1

Seaman

Seems not too many people out in general this year. No waiting at Saguaro so far this year and not over crowded like prior years at Canyon. Heard lots of wood in Canyon this past weekend, see anything at Saguaro, wondering if the storms are going to start washing in the junk. Buddies new Sea Doo sucked in a chunk of wood and he can't get it out. Off to the dealer it goes to get fixed. Felt bad for him, jammed wood in 1 impellor and forgot to boot his bimini and tore it down the sides while on the freeway. Nothing like breaking in a brand new boat. DOOH!

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Not Much wood at Saguaro. I haven't been to Canyon since last summer. The time I was out there hit a 4ft float log and spun the Prop. Cost $100 to fix bent prop and spun Hub.
Yes I notice less people at the lake. That is OK because means more water for me and the family.

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

Canyons hit and miss with logs (HA HA HA) sometimes bad and other times nothing. I take a slow trip to the back and check the water before I go fast. I've never hit a log, knock on wood (There I go again) but 2 weeks ago there was a small island drifting along complete with reeds. I tried Saguaro a few weeks ago and there was a 45 min wait so we went back to Canyon and put right in.

RayNMesa

Cadet

I'm still very new to boating so I have been going to lake Pleasent to get some throttle time , before my big trip to Powell in September , I just found out after I made my reservations at Wahweep that it will be the same time as powellapaluzza (Sp) great ! I "was" looking forward to some quit lake time. LOL

here is the boat with the Boss at the helm.
2526214970060325582S600x600Q85.jpg

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice Boat. I wish to do Powell Someday. Not this year though.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

Anyone been boating lately? I've been striper fishing a lot at Pleasant since a few of my last posts. It's awesome being anchored out in a cove at night. It's very peaceful. It's starting to get a little cooler now and I decided to take a day trip yesterday to Canyon. A lot less boaters now than before Labor Day.

Where was your recent excursion / experience / Please post pictures!

imag1106u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.