Insurance and the like....

cpasseno03

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ive been pondering starting up a charter here for quite a while. slowly sifting through information and debating the pros and cons with myself. I think I could make a go of it, depending on how many suckers, err customers I mean, would be in the area and willing. Mostly for diving, but heck, I would do whatever, fishing sightseeing towing. As long as it pays. One thing I am having a hard time with is insurance. I have read a little bit but that has got to be one of the hardest to decipher things ever. I cant even tell if it is necessary...? what do you guys think it would run me on a 28 foot and a 21 foot boat, under 6 passengers... any guesstimates? or would a waiver do the trick? (probably not eh?)<br />well thanks again!<br />Craig

FLATHEAD

Commander
Re: Insurance and the like....

Hello Craig, It may not be the best attitude to be calling potential customers "suckers" Most likely a bad way to start a buisness. No offence meant.<br /><br />------------<br />Flathead

cpasseno03

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just kidding flathead, I thought it showed :rolleyes: It almost appears that I have made another stumper... Thanks for some kind of reply! :) <br />Craig

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Can't offer you any info on insurance, and I hope you may have already considered this, but it would likely be in your best interest to take the USCG course and become a USCG licenced Captain.. (It may be required, I dunno?) :confused:

cpasseno03

Petty Officer 1st Class

Pretty sure it is required, and Im studing up on that at the moment, :) <br />Craig