Marsh fishing out of Venice Louisiana?

Beaux

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Marsh fishing out of Venice Louisiana?

What kind of fish are you chasing???

ehenry

Commander

specks and redfish....would really like to make this trip worth it instead of paying for nothing. Haven't found any that have a "No Fish...money back gaurantee."

Beaux

Petty Officer 1st Class

I will check with my buddies. One guy works for tidewater marine and does a LOT of fishing trips in that area with clients. I will get you the name of the recommended charters he has experience with.

Veniceregular

Recruit

specks and redfish....would really like to make this trip worth it instead of paying for nothing. Haven't found any that have a "No Fish...money back gaurantee."[/QUOTE

I know this is an old thread but I came across it and thought it might be nice to reply in case future folks find it. Your not going to find any guides in Venice that offer "No fish, No Pay". TO be honest thats a total gimmick. It's pretty impossible to go out of Louisiana fishing and not catch a fish. Most guides in Venice catch AT LEAST a limit of reds each day. Its not real hard, and doesn't take much talent honestly. As a fisherman I am about a 5 out of 10 if I'm being honest with myself. with that being said, I have my own boat and come to Venice about 10 times a year. Its been several years since I have failed to boat my limit of Redfish. Sometimes its not easy but I get them because there are just so many. Speckled Trout are another story. When its on, its on, but you really have to be on your game to be consistent. MOST guides in the Venice area have abandoned Speckled Trout fishing because Redfishing is easy and most clients are satisfied. In addition to owning my own boat, I usually take 2-3 charter trips a year. Before purchasing my boat I booked 6-8 a year. Over the last 15 years I have fished with many of the top guides on several occasions. Some were very disappointing and quite frankly just tourist traps. Several put us on fish very well but had terrible personalities, grumpy, arrogant egotistical etc.... One or two were nice guys, caught a decent amount of fish but were just not very professional. ( average boats and equipment, not well dressed or spoken etc)
The best all around guide I've fished with is Brandon Carter. (Venice Louisiana Inshore Charter Fishing and Guide Service) He lives up to his reputation and we have good time with him. I've never fished with anybody that wanted the fish as bad as he does. You can't go wrong.