Cod from Long Beach, CA?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
gonna stand up in my niece's wedding on June 7th<br />and wanted some tips for a good deep sea Cod<br />charter out of Long Beach. any/all help appreciated.<br />regards,<br />M.Y.

GF

Seaman
Re: Cod from Long Beach, CA?

Mellowyellow, Good luck with the COD fishing, remember if you catch a canadian cod you have to throw it back. I assume you know the difference between american and canadian codfish?<br /><br />Gary

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Hi Gary,<br />no, have no idea. but the few times I've been out<br />for cod, by the time you get them up to the boat,<br />their stomaches are sticking outa their mouth<br />from the pressure change. would they still live<br />if thrown back? last time was several yrs. ago<br />and I caught a nice 8lb. ling or is it linc cod?<br />regards,<br />M.Y.

GF

Seaman

Mellowyellow<br /> Sorry for the delay, I was away last week. Anyway you tell the difference by the size of their mouth. The american cod are the ones with the BIG mouths. :D :D :D <br /><br />Gary<br /><br />BTW I once caught a cod fish that was so big I took a picture of it and the negative weighted 27 lbs.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

good one Gary... but we only seem to catch the<br />Canadian ones. guess they're not as smart? :D :D