Votes: 23 2.3%
  • STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

ozzydude

Seaman Apprentice
Just curious too see. I'm mainly on Lake Michigan, but i do some fishing on a smaller lake that only has a speed limit of 10 mph with no wake.

A.L.

Cadet
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

We are out in the Eastchester Bay and Long Island Sound in the NYC area. Have been down the East River and out the the Statue if Libery, but is a rough ride on a weekend afternoon. I went to Lake Michigan as a kid - very pretty. Does it get rough? The Li sound ws a dog today - very rough with a ton of sailboats. I came home to dry heave to private!

ozzydude

Seaman Apprentice

We are out in the Eastchester Bay and Long Island Sound in the NYC area. Have been down the East River and out the the Statue if Libery, but is a rough ride on a weekend afternoon. I went to Lake Michigan as a kid - very pretty. Does it get rough? The Li sound ws a dog today - very rough with a ton of sailboats. I came home to dry heave to private!

I live in Portage Indiana which is on the very southside of the lake so as long as there's no north wind it stays pretty calm. Today i was out there with a north wind of 5 mph and my 22" Regal handled it great :)

beerfilter

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have several small to large lakes in my area,and,large rivers,small rivers,and,streams.
There is no shortage of boating/fishing oppurtunities.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I went with Small Lake, Big Lake (I decided Mead and Powell were big and they are definitely "Great"), Ocean, River and other. I would not call the other Colorado River Lakes (Havasu and Mohave) small . . .

bekosh

Lieutenant

Mainly I boat on the Lake Winnebago system (Lakes Winnebago, Butte des morts, Winneconne, Poygan and the Wolf & Fox Rivers), launching out of Fond du Lac, WI.
This year I have hit Lake Michigan, Green Bay/Sturgeon Bay & Lake Petenwell/Wisconsin River as well.

Esox

Petty Officer 1st Class

I chose big lake, small lake and river. Lake Michigan, Fox Chain in no. IL, WI river, Lake Wisconsin, Lake Geneva and many others.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Well, I chose small lake cause some of the 10+ acre elec motor only lakes are called small lakes, and not big ponds. I chose big lake cause I consider Allatoona, Lanier, Weiss, possibly hartwell in the future, and Lake James (at our vacation house in NC) big lakes. I chose ocean cause we will be dunking the Lund the next time we hit the Atlantic, even though we haven't yet. (didn't have a boat last time we went - fished a lot though) I chose Gulf for the same reason as ocean. And bay for the same reason, as where we go in the gulf is in a bay. I don't usually boat in a pond, only bank fish. And, I occasionally boat in a river, but only bank fish in a stream.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I fish the middle Cheaspeake Bay and the Atlantic mostly but some spend time in the tidal rivers of the Bay (the Potomac, Choptank and Patuxent rivers) bottom fishing from time to time in the summer months

dhath

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Many what would be considered small lakes (considering the great lakes) here in Texas and Oklahoma.......

84 SeaRay

Cadet

I chose big lake for Lake Ontario and bay for Sodus Bay which is connected to the lake.

firehog6305

Petty Officer 1st Class

san franciso bay and delta system up sacramento, I keep my boat in the water between S.F. and sacramento, 1hr trip either way

dyzz1128

Cadet

I am from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and there is definitly no shortage on places to go. But one of my favorites is in the Plaquemine area, Pats Pay, Grand River, and the Intracoastal Canal. Beautiful senery and not a lot of traffic.

bsh21wash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Large lake... up here in Seattle. Lake Washington...Beautiful lake, with Mt. Raineer in the back ground. Love it!!

ricksrster

Commander

My small lake is 40 miles long, two mile wide and 630' deep. Seneca Lake in NY's Finger Lakes.

BayracerL.I.

Cadet

The great south bay south shore Long Island New York, atlantic ocean

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

I chose small lake but it is a BIG small lake. I got lost on it the first time I was out on it when I was 14. I'm 53 now and know it like the back of my hand. Lake DuBay, Wis. It's fed by the Wis. river and drained by a couple others. Central Wisc.
I use lake Michigan a couple times a year for the air show and Venetian Night.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Lake Huron (occasionally) Lake St Clair (Mainly) and Ahmic Lake once a year for a week or so at the cottage (My favorite)

mike176

Petty Officer 1st Class

I go out in some of the lakes around here, but i fish the flats in the gulf alot around the bigbend area. I've started heading out to the St. Johns and enjoy exploring the river, been on the swanie a few times but there are tomany hazzards on that river for any seriuse boating. Been thinking of trying a trip on the St. Johns up to the jacksonville area.